Silkie thread!

Quote:
You have to pick a name to show them under and "blue cream" is what I'm being told is safe at this point so that is what I'm using on Saturday. Outside of a show, find friends within the APA working with the colour that agree. At a minimum, you have to come up with a name that will be taken seriously and won't be DQ'd. NOT easy.

We are late sleepers. Having Percy in the house so long (the Showgirl, the only one that crows) you'd think he would wake us up. Nope. He's a late sleeper, too. He doesn't start crowing until 11:00 A.M! Awesome. He's outside now, but still keeps his late morning hrs.
thumbsup.gif
Pam
what a beautiful silkie on your avatar!!!!

You have to pick a name to show them under and "blue cream" is what I'm being told is safe at this point so that is what I'm using on Saturday. Outside of a show, find friends within the APA working with the colour that agree. At a minimum, you have to come up with a name that will be taken seriously and won't be DQ'd. NOT easy.
mine wasn't DQ'd thankfully haha! But as I said, I got a "cringe"
sickbyc.gif
so time for the drawing board!

Quote:
Bathing with flea and tick shampoo should help get rid of lice and so will dusting. You could also put VetRx on her nostrils and beak, give her electrolytes (Sav a chick, or gatorade or Pedialyte), give her some baby vitamins PolyViSol (no iron), Vit E, and sprinkle probiotics on her food.

Good luck and please let us know how she is.
If there is the possiblity of a chicken being animic because of blood-suckers (lice, mites,etc), why would you make sure to give vitimins WITHOUT iron. I would think that a little bit of iron would help sice that's what's recommended for humans. I've seen this bit of advice posted many times, but no reason why chickens can't have a litttle extra iron just for a day or two while sick.
CG

Quote: I know because of RAIN. And water weight is more than snow weight per volume. I have and have had tarp roofs, and they will not hold up to the weight of even an inch of rain; much less the much larger volume than folks who are not in the desert experience on a regular basis. The entire coop collapsed under less than 2" of rain.

Back
Top Bottom