Silkie thread!

I think 6 bantam eggs is fine.
I have small birds, like Old English Game Bantams, that make nests in the yard and pop up in a few weeks with as many as 10 new chicks!
jumpy.gif
How cool would that be? My silkie would be beside herself with joy. Its like she lives to be a mommy. I hope my other silkie isnt this broody. Im right on the verge of ordering 3 red silkie eggs and 3 bantam easter eggs. I CANT STAND IT. HOW DID I BECOME SO ADDICTED??? THIS IS WORSE THAN POTATO CHIPS!!!!
barnie.gif

How cool would that be? My silkie would be beside herself with joy. Its like she lives to be a mommy. I hope my other silkie isnt this broody. Im right on the verge of ordering 3 red silkie eggs and 3 bantam easter eggs. I CANT STAND IT. HOW DID I BECOME SO ADDICTED??? THIS IS WORSE THAN POTATO CHIPS!!!!
barnie.gif

ya, getting an old english bantam rooster on Thursday, and I told my hubby I was done.....ya......not!!!!!!

I wanted to share some recent pictures of my little Mia.
This year was my first year hatching silkie chicks, and I only hatched a few for fun.
Mia is the only one I kept from the Spring and Summer hatches.

She was a cute chick!

For a few months there, she was looking so weird!
She looked self blue for the first few months, then she started developing a few splash spots.
Took her away to feather out good too.

Then all of a sudden, here 7 months old, she's look so pretty!

So happy to have a silkie from my own breeding in my little collection/flock!
smile.png

So do you think the chicks will be ok being hatched and raised in the coop with the silkie? Its much easier to have them hatched in the coop, the other chickens seem to accept them more readily, in fact Ive never had a problem that way. Its a lot harder to introduce them later. Its winter here but my coop can be heated, I have a flat panel heater. Or should I bring everyone inside??? Decisions decisions. Your guys input is great.

I wanted to share some recent pictures of my little Mia.
This year was my first year hatching silkie chicks, and I only hatched a few for fun.
Mia is the only one I kept from the Spring and Summer hatches.

She was a cute chick!

For a few months there, she was looking so weird!
She looked self blue for the first few months, then she started developing a few splash spots.
Took her away to feather out good too.

Then all of a sudden, here 7 months old, she's look so pretty!

So happy to have a silkie from my own breeding in my little collection/flock! :)

I love Mia! So pretty :)

So do you think the chicks will be ok being hatched and raised in the coop with the silkie? Its much easier to have them hatched in the coop, the other chickens seem to accept them more readily, in fact Ive never had a problem that way. Its a lot harder to introduce them later. Its winter here but my coop can be heated, I have a flat panel heater. Or should I bring everyone inside??? Decisions decisions. Your guys input is great.
I have done it both ways. It is WAY too adorable to go out to check on the silkie pile and have chicklets peering up from under the whole flock when you shine the flashlight on the pile.

Back
Top Bottom