Silkied Ameraucana Project

Is there a list somewhere of everyone who is working on this project and what type they are working on? I'm trying to decide what to put in the breeding pen with these once they hatch and are old enough and would like to work on a color that is not being worked on yet or maybe very little. I'd love to see all the Ameraucana colors silkied! =)

Is there a list somewhere of everyone who is working on this project and what type they are working on? I'm trying to decide what to put in the breeding pen with these once they hatch and are old enough and would like to work on a color that is not being worked on yet or maybe very little. I'd love to see all the Ameraucana colors silkied! =)

That is a great idea!

Maybe we can add a sticky to the first post (?) with the different colors everyone is working on?

I am doing Lavender and Black
big_smile.png

That is a great idea!

Maybe we can add a sticky to the first post (?) with the different colors everyone is working on?

big_smile.png

I'm thinking of working on White and Blue Wheaten. Personally, I love the blue and splash and will have those hatching but want to add to them. I think the white and wheaten will look quite luxurious! =)

That is a great idea!

big_smile.png

This might also be a great way for all of us to introduce somewhat non related blood into our flocks, with out introducing non-silkied/non-split, if we can buy and trade amongst each other...?

Does anyone in Texas (within driving range of Houston) have a Silkied Ameraucana pullet for sale? Perhaps one of your project birds that you might normally cull? I can't have a rooster so will never breed her. I am trying to find an Ameraucana but a obsessed with the silkied version now. I just don't think there is anything more special than the birds on this thread!

OK, my eggs went into lock down today. I'm soooooo excited! Blue and Splash Silkied. I want to get some good quality whites to go with them....I keep hearing that white is recessive though and I won't get whites when bred to blue or splash or it will take generations...but the chicken calculator says otherwise....anyone know? Also haven't found any eggs around here.... My other thought is trying to get the silkied into Blue Wheaten. Is Blue Wheaten recessive and/or what would I get if I cross it with the Blue and Splash?

Back
Top Bottom