Silkies Of A Different Color

Pics
I was counting heads this morning and noticed one more than usual, piled up with a couple of black Silkie girls. Looked again, and it was a kitten! Chickens with hair like cats, evidently seems the consensus with the cats too! Kittens that think they are chickens...
gig.gif
I hope I can get a pic of that some morning, it was too cute!
Hope you get that picture!!

what colour will my silkies be , hen is ginger brown colour and roo is white , i hatched 7 stripe coloured , the rest are blue and cuckoo silkies

I dont have hours to spend on here catching up on my reading but i am thinking next year i want to try to start working on chocolate color. I know there are others working on it so if u are could just shoot me a pm please id like to chat a little bit.... Thanks!

I dont have hours to spend on here catching up on my reading but i am thinking next year i want to try to start working on chocolate color. I know there are others working on it so if u are could just shoot me a pm please id like to chat a little bit.... Thanks!

i want to work on this too i think i read somewhere you can get this color by breeding paint to paint and u start gettin a kacki color..... i think i aint no expert

Hi everyone! I have been trying to find out what color this guy is! I think it looks like red pyle, but the people selling him and two hens that look just like him said they thought they were red paint silkies. When I look those up there seems to be a question of this color being a paint or that it is just a bad buff.
I am hoping someone here can straighten me out! I love genetics, and am all ears! Oh, and you cant really see it in the pics, but he has random black feathers all over, not many, like a black and white paint silkie. I thought, and correct me if I am wrong, that the black flecking went along with red pyle? I have an EE hen who is all white with the black flecks, she was spotted as a chick like the paint silkie chicks. Her brothers all were like her, but with red on their wings and necks too. Their mom was a white leghorn, dad a brown red colored EE. I have been wondering and reading about this for awhile now, but it seems to change according to breed, and who your talking to ;) I would like to get to the bottom of this! Thanks in advance for any info! :D

He is wearing a diaper, he has had the sniffles so we brought him in for little TLC, essential oil massage and antibiotic injections.

Back
Top Bottom