Silkies - They’re simply SPECTACULAR!

Trying to get a head-count on silkie lovers...

• ME! - I like silkies!

Votes: 796 96.0%
  • ^

Votes: 96 11.6%

• Total voters
Added these 2 to my flock today.
1 silkie
1 silkie/polish

I am so happy

Attachments

• 20191010_183030.jpg
    20191010_183030.jpg
    786.5 KB · Views: 10
  • 20191010_172948.jpg
    20191010_172948.jpg
    449.7 KB · Views: 10
Going off the current topic of Quails...

I'm starting to post Silkie hatching eggs but it'll be the first time I've ever done it.

I've been looking at ways for me to pack them and I was thinking...wrap each egg in bubble wrap, put them in an egg carton, wrap the carton in bubble wrap, put the carton inside a small box, pack around it with newspaper, tape the box shut and put on some fragile tape!

Of course, sent with the quickest postage and tracked.

Do you guys think that's ample?
That and wrapping them in the foil like @MysteryChicken said is how ive always done it, and i have always had great luck with my shipments.

Thats awesome! Is that in school work?

Going off the current topic of Quails...

I'm starting to post Silkie hatching eggs but it'll be the first time I've ever done it.

I've been looking at ways for me to pack them and I was thinking...wrap each egg in bubble wrap, put them in an egg carton, wrap the carton in bubble wrap, put the carton inside a small box, pack around it with newspaper, tape the box shut and put on some fragile tape!

Of course, sent with the quickest postage and tracked.

Do you guys think that's ample?

I've never done the foil but that's something to remember! When I ship, I wrap each egg in bubble wrap. I do not use an egg carton but I do line a smaller shipping box with foam padding and place all the eggs upright in that. I then use a bigger box that the small box can fit inside, using egg cartons as a buffer/stabilizer all around. I don't think anyone has ever received a broken egg :)

Back
Top Bottom