Silkies - They’re simply SPECTACULAR!

Trying to get a head-count on silkie lovers...

• ME! - I like silkies!

Votes: 796 96.0%
  • ^

Votes: 96 11.6%

• Total voters
I tried out feeling for the pelvic bones to try to determine who just started laying and it helped immensely, pretty sure I know which pullet it was now. :)

My bantams.. you can see my silkies in there, too. :D I had planned on getting to heat lamp set up but didn’t get to that today. Maybe tomorrow! View attachment 1939151View attachment 1939152

What an adorable little bantam flock, so many cute chickens! :love

I need to set a heat lamp up too. It's been raining all day here and I'm lamenting not having the whole run covered right now, we have a tarp for shade/cover as well as a shed that serves as a coop but all but one of the girls insisted on standing out in the rain. It's supposed to be a rainy week, I think the heat lamp would be good for the little sillies to dry off under when they go up for the night (especially now that the nights are getting colder).

More from.the web!
c71c3444c2853a85a0516f4fb938dbdf.jpg
03fa4619208477f912b1c10d64c30e0e.jpg

I’ve actually wanted to dye my silkies. How do you do it? Does it take a while for it to come out? Do the other chickens pick on it?
Depending on the brand of food dye it should only take one application. To dye, you'd need a old toothbrush, & food dye of your choice. There's two ways to dye your chicken: #1. Dry dying, process of putting dye on tooth brush, & brushing through dry feathers, #2. Wet dying, wettening, or bathing your chicken, & brushing food dye into wet feathers.
There maybe a little picking, but it shouldn't be severe, since the flock mates know the colorful chicken.

Back
Top Bottom