Silkies - They’re simply SPECTACULAR!

Trying to get a head-count on silkie lovers...

• ME! - I like silkies!

Votes: 796 96.0%
  • ^

Votes: 96 11.6%

• Total voters
Yep they do, the chick a the back is this one from the other day:
View attachment 1959168

They're both from the same hen. I've worked it out that roughly she produces a ratio of 1 vaulted to every 4 non vaulted chicks.
Interesting. Mine produce non-vaulted, & partialy vaulted skulls. The vaults on mine are barely visible, just a little bump on the head is noticeable.

Oh my goodness! We love our 6 silkies to death! But they really are SO dumb!:gig We have had to manually put them into their coop each night for months because they can't figure out that they are supposed to do it themselves. But we love em anyway!!:love
Mine know how to go into the coop at night. One of my silkies likes to fall out of the coop on purpose sometimes when I open it up, so I can pick him up, & put him back inside.

A couple of my chicks with partial vaults from earlier this spring.
Resized952019032295145501(1)-1.jpg

Mine have actually been pretty good about going in to the coop at night.... It just takes them months to figure out that there's a ramp right in the middle of the coop that goes right up to the roost lol
My ramp leads to the inside of the coop where their feed, water, roosts are. They'll either jump upon to the roosts, or snuggle each other on the floor of the coop, creating a pile of fluff.

Interesting. Mine produce non-vaulted, & partialy vaulted skulls. The vaults on mine are barely visible, just a little bump on the head is noticeable.

I have no idea how vaulted genetics work but I'm pretty happy with the ratio she produces. She's not producing all vaulted chicks and I'm glad!

I mean, it's not the end of the world though :gig

Here's the only three colorful boys I have.View attachment 1959635 View attachment 1959638

They're lovely! Are all your others white?

I have no idea how vaulted genetics work but I'm pretty happy with the ratio she produces. She's not producing all vaulted chicks and I'm glad!

I mean, it's not the end of the world though :gig

They're lovely! Are all your others white?
Yes, the rest of my silkies are white. I have both dominate, & recessive white silkies.

Those are lovely looking boys! The lighter colored one is especially interesting, what color is he (just looking at him I want to call him a blue partridge)?
Thank you. He's blue partridge, but has some random black feathers in some places that make him seem more calico to me.

Back
Top Bottom