Silkies - They’re simply SPECTACULAR!

Trying to get a head-count on silkie lovers...

• ME! - I like silkies!

Votes: 796 96.0%
  • ^

Votes: 96 11.6%

• Total voters
Well, roosters typically try to mount when people are not around because dominate roosters don't approve of young roos stealing their hens. And hens can and will push out sperm from roosters they don't like. A rooster normally needs to prove himself to the girls first (by tidbitting, watching for predators, etc.) before they accept his sperm.
But it's worth a try :idunno
Your right, my pullets must have rejected the mate and no eggs were fertilised :( I have one more pullet still broody in the cage so looks like she'll have to go another night or 2 till broken and maybe next broody will get to raise some more chicks, if I get fertile eggs.

I don't have and baby pictures. The one that I was keeping was killed this summer when I had a predator problem (solved). The rest were sold but I know where a few pictures are :) I will be breeding more in the spring. Same polish roo, different silkie hens. They're white and very with some red hints thrown in. The babies should be super cute.

received_488530585359481.jpeg
FB_IMG_1608686940407.jpg
FB_IMG_1608686779539.jpg

Last year's mom and dad

received_3244487032443501.jpeg

The one that I was keeping was killed this summer when I had a predator problem (solved). The rest were sold but I know where a few pictures are :) I will be breeding more in the spring. Same polish roo, different silkie hens. They're white and very with some red hints thrown in. The babies should be super cute.

View attachment 2460322View attachment 2460319View attachment 2460320

Last year's mom and dad

View attachment 2460323
They're so cute! What color were the parents?

Back
Top Bottom