Silkies - They’re simply SPECTACULAR!

Trying to get a head-count on silkie lovers...

• ME! - I like silkies!

Votes: 796 96.0%
  • ^

Votes: 96 11.6%

• Total voters
Yay our first pip of the season
20210207_084032.jpg

I've got 7 eggs saved back for the incubator and hoping I can wait another 5 days or so and do a bigger batch.
Yes, wait if you can! Because I had so many infertile with my current batch, I kept adding eggs, so now I have 6 due to hatch in 6 days, 1 due to hatch in 7 days, 2 due to hatch in 10 days, 2 due to hatch in 11 days and one due to hatch in 13 days! Staggered hatches are a hassle and require at least 2 incubators.
On anoter note I received my first set of shipped silkie eggs (10) yesterday.
These are the mixed colored bearded silkies.
All the aircells are detached or loose. They will need coddling and incubating upright.
So much easier to hatch your own eggs!😊

Yes, wait if you can! Because I had so many infertile with my current batch, I kept adding eggs, so now I have 6 due to hatch in 6 days, 1 due to hatch in 7 days, 2 due to hatch in 10 days, 2 due to hatch in 11 days and one due to hatch in 13 days! Staggered hatches are a hassle and require at least 2 incubators.
On anoter note I received my first set of shipped silkie eggs (10) yesterday.
These are the mixed colored bearded silkies.
All the aircells are detached or loose. They will need coddling and incubating upright.
So much easier to hatch your own eggs!😊
Oh no! I hope they all turn out well. I know mine are fertile because I have 2 active silkie roos over 8 hens!

Oh no! I hope they all turn out well. I know mine are fertile because I have 2 active silkie roos over 8 hens!
The 12 I have left in the incubator right now are all from my own flock.
My cockerel has favorites, clearly.
I separated him for a bit with the two girls that did not have fertile eggs, but now all of them are broody and not laying!🤣
10 of the eggs are pure silkie, 2 are silkie hybrids (one polish, one ameraucana).
They are all progressing well and I expect a good hatch rate from these. I had one blood ring and one early quitter from these so far. I do not count the infertiles in the hatch rate.

The shipped eggs I do not have great expectations for, if 50% of these hatch, I will be happy! I am on the February hatch-along with these, too.
The other shipped eggs will likely be here towards the end of the month. March hatch-along, anyone?😊

The 12 I have left in the incubator right now are all from my own flock.
My cockerel has favorites, clearly.
I separated him for a bit with the two girls that did not have fertile eggs, but now all of them are broody and not laying!🤣
10 of the eggs are pure silkie, 2 are silkie hybrids (one polish, one ameraucana).
They are all progressing well and I expect a good hatch rate from these. I had one blood ring and one early quitter from these so far. I do not count the infertiles in the hatch rate.

The shipped eggs I do not have great expectations for, if 50% of these hatch, I will be happy! I am on the February hatch-along with these, too.
The other shipped eggs will likely be here towards the end of the month. March hatch-along, anyone?😊
EEEE!!!!!!! I will definitely follow along for the hatch! Once all my girls start laying I have plans for a 30 egg silkie hatch!

EEEE!!!!!!! I will definitely follow along for the hatch! Once all my girls start laying I have plans for a 30 egg silkie hatch!
Thats a big hatch!
The group hatch-alongs are fun. Helps to have others to share issues that come up and feedback, too. And of course all the cute new baby chick photos that everyone posts. 😊

Thats a big hatch!
The group hatch-alongs are fun. Helps to have others to share issues that come up and feedback, too. And of course all the cute new baby chick photos that everyone posts. 😊
I've never been apart of a group hatch! I might have to join your's depending on when I get the eggs started! I'm really excited because I have NO idea what colors I will get!

Back
Top Bottom