Silkies - They’re simply SPECTACULAR!

Trying to get a head-count on silkie lovers...

• ME! - I like silkies!

Votes: 796 96.0%
  • ^

Votes: 96 11.6%

• Total voters
Oh... and the tiny silkie chick is sooooo adorable! I think she's just a bantam bantam!
Pictures please 😃

Just finished the video... now i want to add paprika to the chicken feed 😆
Something funny happened. We did have a chives in a pot, such one one gets in supermarkets or health stores. After having read that chickens can eat chives, we decided to give it to them to keep them occupied and placed the pot in their run so they could start to 'work' on it. First day they didn't seemed to be very happy with or impressed by the chives. But then the following two days they gave that little pot a steady haircut till there was just a hedgehog cut left. This weekend we did have soft boiled eggs for breakfast and my egg tasted unmistakeably of chives 😄
We decided that next time we will place chives only for an hour a day in the run 😁

I do have a question - my Brioche always scratches at the waterer (the ring formed part where the reachable water is in) when going to drink. She is the only one doing this (the waterer is such a regular one for chickens, standing elevated on three little legs) - does anybody have somebody doing this, too?

...And here is a funny picture of Snowman, today it has been very stormy, that's why he looks so 'driven'😂
IMG_0152.JPG

Here is a pic of everyone in the big run, while giant Esmeralda wants to play in the mini coop 🤣

You can see tiny girl there in the center (that's her fluffy butt facing the camera).. i had to put steps in so she could reach the water and get back into the mini coop.

View attachment 2979247
Awww! They’re so cute! 😍 I think I need some Tolbunts now 🤔 😁

Here is a pic of everyone in the big run, while giant Esmeralda wants to play in the mini coop 🤣

You can see tiny girl there in the center (that's her fluffy butt facing the camera).. i had to put steps in so she could reach the water and get back into the mini coop.

View attachment 2979247
She really is tiny compared with the others 🥰
Her little butt is super cute, but I would love to see her face, too 🤣
I love Esmeralda's spirit!

She really is tiny compared with the others 🥰
Her little butt is super cute, but I would love to see her face, too 🤣
I love Esmeralda's spirit!
Its rainy and yucky out today (they are in a covered run living it up!) But the weather should be nice tomorrow. I need to update all of their growth pics anyhow, so I'll do it tomorrow when its sunny. They are cuties!!

Oh wow! That’s awesome you were able to get them 😃
Yes, the lady was super nice and told them they were too late!
I'm looking forward to updated pictures from all your sweeties 🥰
Ooooh.. and i need you guys to help me figure out the mystery tolbunt, it's driving me crazy 🤯

Back
Top Bottom