Silkies - They’re simply SPECTACULAR!

Trying to get a head-count on silkie lovers...

• ME! - I like silkies!

Votes: 796 96.0%
  • ^

Votes: 96 11.6%

• Total voters
I've put off making this post, but it is time. Rest in Peace my sweet perfect Poppy. I lost her Tuesday morning in a tragic accident. She flew off the roost while I was opening the door to her coop and crashed into it. She was gone almost instantly. I miss her and her spunk terribly, and still feel guilt over it. Poor Branch was beside himself for a few days and kept looking and calling for her. Chiquita also missed her friend but adjusted quickly and sticks close to Branch now. This is the last picture I took of her Monday morning. I'm going to print it out and have it framed.
DSCN6362.JPG

I've put off making this post, but it is time. Rest in Peace my sweet perfect Poppy. I lost her Tuesday morning in a tragic accident. She flew off the roost while I was opening the door to her coop and crashed into it. She was gone almost instantly. I miss her and her spunk terribly, and still feel guilt over it. Poor Branch was beside himself for a few days and kept looking and calling for her. Chiquita also missed her friend but adjusted quickly and sticks close to Branch now. This is the last picture I took of her Monday morning. I'm going to print it out and have it framed.
View attachment 2991648
I'm so sorry! :hugs

View attachment 2991648
So very sorry!! Oh it’s just the worst losing our chicken babies! Sometimes they just don’t know how to keep themselves safe. Don’t blame yourself…accidents happen and chickens are prone to them ❤️😢

View attachment 2991648
I'm so sorry for your loss!😭

View attachment 2991648
Oh so sad :hugssorry for your loss. Just bad timing she flew down, maybe you could swing the door outwards/ other way for future prevention? Good it was instantaneous, she didn't suffer in pain with injuries.

View attachment 2991648
I’m so sorry you lost her 😞 :hugs

View attachment 2991648
I'm so sorry you lost your dear little Poppy 😔:hugs
The last picture of her is precious - what a sweet, beautiful fluff-ball❤️

Yay for Pebbles! So happy she’s a she 😍

You should definitely ask your neighbors hehe, the wooly ones are so cute too! She’s a funny girl, she’s got a lot of personality and talks a lot. Plus the gorgeous coloring 😍
Ohhhh i like!!!! Well.. since my neighbors are a negative influence on me and wanting to see more chickens, i might look into these more seriously. I could also build out a chunnel in the future with more adventure space for everyone.

View attachment 2991648
Im so very sorry 😞 ❤ that is sooo difficult.. please don't blame yourself, life is so unpredictable, for all of us! She had such a great life, with love and care that is so rare for our animal friends. :hugs

Back
Top Bottom