Silkies - They’re simply SPECTACULAR!

Trying to get a head-count on silkie lovers...

• ME! - I like silkies!

Votes: 796 96.0%
  • ^

Votes: 96 11.6%

• Total voters
Gorgeous :love

They are beautiful ❤️
The baby with the bent toe could have a curled toe - when my little James (he was the last one who did hatch) did have this on one foot this article and especially the pictures from LadiesAndJane helped me dealing with it:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/corrective-“shoes”-for-chicks.76391/
After two days James' foot was normal.

Look at them 😍 They are all so adorable! Bambina is so tiny 🤗
How cool that Barney does have a forums- twin: Snow 😃

Awesome! Fingers crossed :fl

🥰 Ezzie is precious! I'm so sorry about the other two eggs :hugs
That's great that you will get some siblings for her ❤️

That's the cutest car load ever 🤩

My Teddy's crest looks like this at the moment/since several days (...weeks?...)View attachment 2999066
and I wondered if I should wash it. I had to wash some messy backsides in the past which was no problem (they all really enjoyed the hairdryer afterwards, lowest temperature level), but I was and am very hesitant to wash Teddy's crest/head.
Esmeralda, my bcw polish.. she intentionally gets her crest messy.. she gobs it up so she can see!! She looks so happy afterwards 🤣

Esmeralda, my bcw polish.. she intentionally gets her crest messy.. she gobs it up so she can see!! She looks so happy afterwards 🤣
She's a smart girl 😃 Mudcoiffure 😂

Here it is cold night and day at the moment and I was afraid that Teddy's head gets too cold because you can see her grey skin all the time...she looks bald but isn't, her crest looks like dreadlocks 😳

She's a smart girl 😃 Mudcoiffure 😂

Here it is cold night and day at the moment and I was afraid that Teddy's head gets too cold because you can see her grey skin all the time...she looks bald but isn't, her crest looks like dreadlocks 😳
Id clean it.. maybe wait til tomorrow then use a washcloth w warm water. 💆‍♀️

Unfortunately the 2nd egg that was pipped passed in the shell. I also candled the 3rd egg this morning and did not like what I saw, I did a egg-topsy and sadly I was right. The chick must have passed around the time they went into lockdown. The surviving chick is very strong and was moved into the brooder this morning. She will have to be a singleton until Tuesday when Rural King gets in a shipment of chicks. I hope to find someone who will split a order with me as I only need 2 or 3 siblings for her, but if not she will get the minimum 6 siblings.
My mom and daughter have named her Ezzie.
View attachment 2998836View attachment 2998837View attachment 2998839
Where are you? I'll split

Back
Top Bottom