Silkies - They’re simply SPECTACULAR!

Trying to get a head-count on silkie lovers...

• ME! - I like silkies!

Votes: 796 96.0%
  • ^

Votes: 96 11.6%

• Total voters
I'm not sure about this one... Looks like a girl, about 5 months old. Hatched 5th October.
Named Skit/z - super skittish, won't come near me, bolts away like I'm a monster going to eat him/her.
Hard to get pics coz Skit runs away, but I can try get more later today.. I think girl .. but that would mean all 5 I had around this hatch time (between 2 broodies) are all pullets so that's impossible! What do you guys think?
IMG_20220211_183618.jpg
IMG_20220211_183622.jpg
IMG_20220211_183601.jpg

More pics... Might have to zoom in, Skitz will not allow me near him/her.. maybe if a girl when she starts laying will calm down a little otherwise I'll sell her, I don't want skittish genes in my flock. Although I do want more clean face Silkies as they are better at seeing for predators when foraging.
IMG_20220227_102143.jpg

IMG_20220227_102140.jpg

IMG_20220227_102301.jpg

Last edited:
I'm not sure about this one... Looks like a girl, about 5 months old. Hatched 5th October.
Named Skit/z - super skittish, won't come near me, bolts away like I'm a monster going to eat him/her.
Hard to get pics coz Skit runs away, but I can try get more later today.. I think girl .. but that would mean all 5 I had around this hatch time (between 2 broodies) are all pullets so that's impossible! What do you guys think?
View attachment 3006461View attachment 3006462View attachment 3006463
Um hard to tell still I think.

I think female... itty-bitty non existent wattles.. female stance when not looking for hawks. i was going to post mine, who is a month behind yours, to see if you guys thought he might be a she.. but compared to yours, i think Barney is a boy *sigh*.

And i think its totally possible to have all females! I had all females in my first two batches! Had too many to keep in my house!

I'd say girl, holds the tail down , i go by stance alot

I think female... itty-bitty non existent wattles.. female stance when not looking for hawks. i was going to post mine, who is a month behind yours, to see if you guys thought he might be a she.. but compared to yours, i think Barney is a boy *sigh*.

And i think its totally possible to have all females! I had all females in my first two batches! Had too many to keep in my house!
Agreed.❤️

More pics... Might have to zoom in, Skitz will not allow me near him/her.. maybe if a girl when she starts laying will calm down a little otherwise I'll sell her, I don't want skittish genes in my flock. Although I do want more clean face Silkies as they are better at seeing for predators when foraging.View attachment 3006760
View attachment 3006762
View attachment 3006763
Girl... What's the chocolate/ey one's name? She's gorgeous!

Back
Top Bottom