Silkies - They’re simply SPECTACULAR!

Trying to get a head-count on silkie lovers...

• ME! - I like silkies!

Votes: 796 96.0%
  • ^

Votes: 96 11.6%

• Total voters
Only ONE place will see "farm animals" and they have no appointments unless urgent care for $85 AND do not believe it is big enough to do anything to help cuz of it being a bantam.
I think I need to go put it down...it's just every time I go to do it it eats on its own or drinks...or like walla go climbed up my gown from lap to neck.

Oh I'm so sorry about the vet! It's so hard to find vets that will see chickens, I've been there before. 😩

The baby does look like it is active and happy. It may not ever be "normal" and able to walk as well as the others but right now it looks like other than the leg it is a healthy baby. ❤️

The video was of the hobbled one with splay legs.
The link is of the one with slipped tendon...idk what to try now.
My body is Hurting from holding him so particular n workin on them both for 2 days straight. So only way I can lay it down without it crying is on its back in bowl under heat plate.
What did you do?
Did u brace the tendon back into place and cast with leg straight or in bent position?

I was just about to cull the lil thing and I held it up to the water bowl and it did its lil head over and drank repeatedly...so I don't think it is ready to give up yet.
It took me a few tries to get the bandage on right, bent position - because it couldn't hold it in that position itself to be able to walk... I'll attach some pics.. you can also look up my post in emergency section as well.

It couldn't walk.. leg stuck out back and so I bent it and used non-adhesive vet wrap to hold it in bent position..
IMG_20220207_103849.jpg
IMG_20220207_103850.jpg

IMG_20220207_163610.jpg

I left it on for a day and overnight, took it off and he could walk around on his own although a little slow getting use to his new leg walking ability, he grew stronger everyday and now completely normal.
IMG_20220210_162740.jpg

And yesterday..

IMG_20220302_113517.jpg

Actually your little chickie doesn't look too bad! Looks just like mine did but except mine was worse, and he is completely normal now 😃 just a day and night with the cast/bandage and you should have him right!! Update us on progress! It may take a few tries to wrap it in the right position but I'm positive you can make this little chickie right again with just a bandage and vitamin water like you have been doing 😃😃

The video was of the hobbled one with splay legs.
The link is of the one with slipped tendon...idk what to try now.
My body is Hurting from holding him so particular n workin on them both for 2 days straight. So only way I can lay it down without it crying is on its back in bowl under heat plate.
What did you do?
Did u brace the tendon back into place and cast with leg straight or in bent position?

I was just about to cull the lil thing and I held it up to the water bowl and it did its lil head over and drank repeatedly...so I don't think it is ready to give up yet.
How's it all going with the slipped tendon chickie? Did you manage to brace it with a bandage?

Back
Top Bottom