Silkies - They’re simply SPECTACULAR!

Trying to get a head-count on silkie lovers...

• ME! - I like silkies!

Votes: 796 96.0%
  • ^

Votes: 96 11.6%

• Total voters
All 6 shipped eggs hatched!:wee:celebrate
I haven't yet got a pic of all 6 at once but here's a couple...they all look light coloured?- no partridge? Any ideas of what colours?
..one little light one has a chipmunk stripe though!
View attachment 3060785
View attachment 3060786
View attachment 3060804View attachment 3060805View attachment 3060806View attachment 3060807View attachment 3060809
Congrats on having all eggs hatch! :wee

That’s so amazing. Must be Chickaletta the wonder broody!🤣
They are all so stinkin’ cute!😍
Beautiful colors, hard to say what they will be. The one with the chipmunk stripe might end up being a light Partridge.
Did you get any photos of the parents?😊

Congrats on having all eggs hatch! :wee

That’s so amazing. Must be Chickaletta the wonder broody!🤣
They are all so stinkin’ cute!😍
Beautiful colors, hard to say what they will be. The one with the chipmunk stripe might end up being a light Partridge.
Did you get any photos of the parents?😊
Pics she has in her fertile eggs ad of parents and chicks hatched from them..
IMG_20220413_134433.jpg
IMG_20220413_134428.jpg
IMG_20220413_134422.jpg
IMG_20220413_134357.jpg
IMG_20220413_134404.jpg
IMG_20220413_134415.jpg

Gorgeous birds! The white one with the gray head I’ve never seen before!🥰
Your chicks all look a bit lighter than the ones in the ad.
The chipmunk striped one may end up looking like the bird in the first photo. It’s amazing how much they change when they feather out!
Will be exciting to see how these little ones end up!❤️

Gorgeous birds! The white one with the gray head I’ve never seen before!🥰
Your chicks all look a bit lighter than the ones in the ad.
The chipmunk striped one may end up looking like the bird in the first photo. It’s amazing how much they change when they feather out!
Will be exciting to see how these little ones end up!❤️
Definitely no paint ones in my lot ☹️ and I must not have any from the black hen either... There is one with a little orange on it though. They are cuties anyway ☺️ I'll have to remember which ones are the 6 since they are from a different flock with different genetics, so hopefully none will look like mine!

it seems that 1 of 2 chicks I hatched from my rip columbian roo might be a boy. if I figure out who his sister is I will breed them so that I can get some columbian silkies.

the roo hasn't arrived yet so I asked a friend of mine to send me 1 of her extra roos next week. I have enough girls for 3 boys. the juveniles are about 6 weeks old, so 9 girls will be fine with 2 boys.

I have the same thing without some of my silkies! Either Penny or Ginger take FOREVER to come down from their roost. I wasn't home today but Ginger didn't come down, without my help, until five pm!
At least your silkies roost! Mine all pile up in the nest box and Raven (poor little raven) sleeps under the roost ladder and gets pooped on by Thor and Noodles!

But Thor, my frizzle, doesn't get off the roost until she sees a human (eg. Me)

I get so excited when they start squatting!!! Only Betty, the polkie, has started from the new batch... and since Bambina is not a hatchery silkie, I'm curious what her timing will be.

As far as nest boxes go, Esmeralda was using the nest box just fine, but FOMO got her, so now she consistently lays in the middle of the run!!
@AngBantamLuv I need to see your polkie please

Back
Top Bottom