Silkies - They’re simply SPECTACULAR!

Trying to get a head-count on silkie lovers...

• ME! - I like silkies!

Votes: 796 96.0%
  • ^

Votes: 96 11.6%

• Total voters
Well Fred (polish roo) was trying to play whack a mole with Bambina's body (the silkie paint pullet). She is just so tiny, so he was able to swing her around by her crest, and wouldn't put her down. No damage, thankfully, but I found a new home for him. He will have 3 big polish girls to live with in a much larger area, so its a better fit. I think the enclosed run is just too limited with that many bodies running around. I still have Barney, the silkie paint roo, and he is super sweet with everyone. Of course Fred fell asleep while I was petting him before I put him in the box to leave. Had to make it a little more difficult for me on the way out! He is a sweet roo, just hormones are kicking in.

So now that chicken jail is empty, its now Elsa's turn! Hopefully a couple weeks in there will get her to quit bullying everyone. And hopefully, the others are happier not having to run screaming!
Oh I'm so sorry about Fred. :( :hugs

It's so hard with their hormones sometimes. It sounds like he found a great home though. ❤️

Silkie chicks (and a mix) just hatched!!!! They've made a mess of the incubator and knocked the eggs around like they're playing soccer.
View attachment 3064701

Congratulations on the new babies! I hope the rest hatch well too! 🥰

How on earth yall handle as many baby chicks as some of you do I will NEVER understand or be able to do!
11 bantams and I cannot keep em straight for nothing! Tried takin pics one by one then back in brooder they go for warmth...no clue whose pic I just did!
I spent more time trying to figure that out than I did taken pics!
So needless to say got flustered and quit after just a few! And it was right after I had to put that one down so that didn't help I'm sure.
So here are the only close ups I got earlier...and I have NO idea which black or chipmunk I got pics of so you may or may not see em again 🤔 😅
View attachment 3064776View attachment 3064777View attachment 3064778View attachment 3064779

Aww those are some great pictures of the little ones! 🥰

I'm really bad at keeping track of similar colored babies when I have big groups. 😅

Oh I'm so sorry about Fred. :( :hugs

It's so hard with their hormones sometimes. It sounds like he found a great home though. ❤️

Congratulations on the new babies! I hope the rest hatch well too! 🥰

Aww those are some great pictures of the little ones! 🥰

I'm really bad at keeping track of similar colored babies when I have big groups. 😅
I do feel very lucky that I've found great homes with kind people for all of my roos.

I did get an update: Fred was hanging with his new silkie roo "roostmate", eating, zero issues. And when it was time for bed, they both went to roost next to each other and went right to sleep. Feeling better about it.

Oh, and in my coop, with Elsa in jail, the two tolbunts went to roost next to Minnie and Daisy! No screaming or running out of the coop for anyone! Barney,Bambina and Betty went to their usual cuddle corner. So its already more peaceful for everyone.

Oh and evidently my neighbor has been talking to her niece about all of my chickens 😂 she was relaying advice from her about managing Elsa.

I do feel very lucky that I've found great homes with kind people for all of my roos.

I did get an update: Fred was hanging with his new silkie roo "roostmate", eating, zero issues. And when it was time for bed, they both went to roost next to each other and went right to sleep. Feeling better about it.

Oh, and in my coop, with Elsa in jail, the two tolbunts went to roost next to Minnie and Daisy! No screaming or running out of the coop for anyone! Barney,Bambina and Betty went to their usual cuddle corner. So its already more peaceful for everyone.

Oh and evidently my neighbor has been talking to her niece about all of my chickens 😂 she was relaying advice from her about managing Elsa.
I luv it when things are calmer with em!
And neighbors that get interested like u got a new puppy are awesome! It sure is difficult when neighbors don't understand em as pets!

@AngBantamLuv I've lost track of your flock. Who's bambina? Please send pics and names?
They all look so different now, so i need to update the pics.. but here is Bambina, my tiny paint silkie 😍 shes grown since, but absolutely tiny compared to my first 2 silkies. The silkie/polkie trio are Barney, Betty, and Bambina.

20220219_133023.jpg

I went to runnings yesterday and picked up 7 blues and black silkies. Ive never bought these colors as chicks before only white from tsc and those are getting worse every year some of these actually have feathered feet! And poofs!
Heres one with fuzzy feet! Im hoping at least ones a pullet as silkies use to be my best broodies
20220415_165754.jpg

I went to runnings yesterday and picked up 7 blues and black silkies. Ive never bought these colors as chicks before only white from tsc and those are getting worse every year some of these actually have feathered feet! And poofs!
Heres one with fuzzy feet! Im hoping at least ones a pullet as silkies use to be my best broodies View attachment 3065203
Luv the colors!

Oh that is wonderful! I'm so glad he is settling in so well to the new home and the flock is more peaceful now. 🥰

Heres one with fuzzy feet! Im hoping at least ones a pullet as silkies use to be my best broodies

View attachment 3065203

Aww so adorable! I hope you get some good (and pretty) broodies! 🥰

My favorite and sure hoping it is mottled satin!
Gotta learn more bout all this so I understand better! View attachment 3065224

That little one is just so pretty! 😍

I think there is a good chance the little one is blue mottled with the way the color is looking, the pink and black beak, and the white coming in on the primaries already. 🥰

I can't wait to see how the little one feathers out! My first mottled baby still has just a tiny bit of white. I'm really hoping the second baby will have some more white. Already there is more white coming in on the wing feathers than the first ever had. Your cutie having those light wing feathers might be promising too! 😁

Oh that is wonderful! I'm so glad he is settling in so well to the new home and the flock is more peaceful now. 🥰

Aww so adorable! I hope you get some good (and pretty) broodies! 🥰

That little one is just so pretty! 😍

I think there is a good chance the little one is blue mottled with the way the color is looking, the pink and black beak, and the white coming in on the primaries already. 🥰

I can't wait to see how the little one feathers out! My first mottled baby still has just a tiny bit of white. I'm really hoping the second baby will have some more white. Already there is more white coming in on the wing feathers than the first ever had. Your cutie having those light wing feathers might be promising too! 😁
There are like 3 or 4 black ones that have the same kinda "mottling" but in cream color and their primary color is black...
Pretty cool since mottled is the way I think I wanna go lol

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220416-080353_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20220416-080353_Photos.jpg
    268.1 KB · Views: 1
  • Screenshot_20220416-080340_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20220416-080340_Photos.jpg
    230.6 KB · Views: 1

Back
Top Bottom