Silkies - They’re simply SPECTACULAR!

Trying to get a head-count on silkie lovers...

• ME! - I like silkies!

Votes: 796 96.0%
  • ^

Votes: 96 11.6%

• Total voters
Soooo what are the chances with shipped eggs having no detached air cells? Wow candles them, from Indigoegg.us, not the first time I've ordered from her, my profile pic is from her eggs, but still, 1200 miles, no cracks at all either. And post office damaged the box.... since they are shipped do i still set pointy side down? crossing fingers and toes.

Little Betty laid her first egg today!!! Its so little!!..... and.... its not white. So I'm thinking Betty is in fact NOT A POLKIE (thats in a maury povich voice)...

So... now im wondering, so you guys think she might be a polish cochin mix? Her egg color actually looks a little darker than the cochin peachy color..

20220423_203404.jpg
20220301_114051.jpg

Little Betty laid her first egg today!!! Its so little!!..... and.... its not white. So I'm thinking Betty is in fact NOT A POLKIE (thats in a maury povich voice)...

So... now im wondering, so you guys think she might be a polish cochin mix? Her egg color actually looks a little darker than the cochin peachy color..

View attachment 3076258
View attachment 3076263
What a cute lil egg!

Soooo what are the chances with shipped eggs having no detached air cells? Wow candles them, from Indigoegg.us, not the first time I've ordered from her, my profile pic is from her eggs, but still, 1200 miles, no cracks at all either. And post office damaged the box.... since they are shipped do i still set pointy side down? crossing fingers and toes.
I haven't ever received shipped eggs, but from previous posts I've read, it's best to still let them rest for 24 hours.

Yeah I’d still let them settle anyway! Maybe don’t need a full 24 hours, but I think it gives them time to get to room temp and such. ❤️

I wondered what a SF might look like mixed with silkie or satins! Hadn't thought bout a tolbunt polish! Lol
Actually, the lady my paints come from has satins.. so the first thought when i sent her a pic was that she IS a satin.. but the red face and tan egg said no... but her shape looks so much like the silkies! I have a paint roo, totally wondering what a chick from them will look like. Shes black, so i could get paint chicks. Ill have to take a pic of her next to barney, they look so similar shape wise!!

Back
Top Bottom