Silkies - They’re simply SPECTACULAR!

Trying to get a head-count on silkie lovers...

• ME! - I like silkies!

Votes: 796 96.0%
  • ^

Votes: 96 11.6%

• Total voters
Puller or Cockerel? 6 months old. Acts like a girl

3927c6de-9b67-4d03-8991-1641d4c4610e-jpeg.3103567
0721B237-59CD-4EBC-8C96-1BC27200D06A.jpeg
1308B9C7-DA98-462B-939E-D046A3B295F6.jpeg

65585157-E2A4-4E02-9E38-2B29606256CC.jpeg

Attachments

• 3927C6DE-9B67-4D03-8991-1641D4C4610E.jpeg
    3927C6DE-9B67-4D03-8991-1641D4C4610E.jpeg
    357.8 KB · Views: 6
Hey anyone talk to @LadiesAndJane in the past week... hadn't seen her on and was getting concerned bout her.
You are so sweet! ❤️ I am fine!
Answered your p.m. I’ve been off the forum for awhile, I got a new job with 14 hour days. I’m going to try to catch up now on this thread! I’m going to get some coffee, it might take a while.🤣

I have got another rare black meat breed: lakedanzi/laceedanji/lucedanji/ukheilyuy - that's how they call them. they look somewhat like ayam chemani, roos can be 1,8 kg, hens 1,2-1,4 kg and they lay green eggs (45 - 50 gr). they are supposed to lay 160-180 eggs per year. at my friend's farm in north greece they are the only breed that lay all year around! 2 little girls stuck with silkie juveniles for the night and the boy went to the meat chicks.

here is a link I found: https://en.blabto.com/6915-lakedanzi-breed-of-chickens-description-content-phot.html
They sound really cool! I wasn’t able to open the link. I know you have camera issues, but hopefully you can post photos sometime!😊

That's always a tough one. 😣

I decided early on I wanted to really work on goals and bettering the quality of my flock. It's definitely more work and the cost of raising more grow outs gets expensive. I think having a small flock and hatching and growing out a few babies here and there is a lot easier (plus you have more of a relationship with each flock member). I love it when I make progress and see my pairings working out well though. My main goal isn't really showing although I may get there eventually. I guess mostly I have color projects and a vision of what I'm hoping to achieve for each. I love learning about color genetics and applying what I know to help with my goals too. I think the biggest downside is trying to find homes for all the ones that don't end up making the cut. With a larger breeding operation it seems like you may have to get comfortable culling the boys that don't find homes easily. I've really struggled with that aspect.

Anyway here are some current pictures of some of the little ones I'm excited about. Excuse the dusty floor, the chicks make so much dust I can't keep up with it even dusting everyday. 😂

The little mottled with more white to him (or her). Single combed but a cutie, I can't wait to see that little black and white crest when it comes in more! 😁

View attachment 3098183

The little mille fleur splits are old enough I can sex them now (I love how easy it is since they are satins)! Looks like two boys and two girls which is perfect. I'm thinking I'll pair the light girl with the darker boy and the light boy with the darker girl when they are old enough to breed. 😊

The girls

View attachment 3098194
View attachment 3098195

The boys

View attachment 3098196
View attachment 3098200

Then I'm still exciting about this little frizzle girl, I can't wait until she starts laying and I can try to get some frizzle babies from her.

View attachment 3098202

This little paint girl is definitely the best spotted I've bred so far. She's got some khaki leakage in her hackles so may go into one of my color projects rather than with the paints but we'll see.

View attachment 3098209

And lastly one of my promising cockerels from my grow outs. He's got a lot of silver leakage but as I've been having a hard time with khaki leakage in my paint boys and paint breeders have had some good results with silver leaking blacks over their paints I'm going to give it a try and see if it helps any with the khaki leakage. I've got another boy similar to him to choose from but that one wasn't cooperating for a picture. 😂

View attachment 3098213

Aww such cuties! I'm glad things ended up working out for the little one's with your help. 🥰

Oh that is exciting! I hope they get a good hatch too! :fl

Aww the babies are getting so big (and they are all so pretty too)! 😍
What gorgeous photos! Your paint girl is just beautiful.😍

I feel I'm at a place where I need to decide a path and stick to it...otherwise I'm floundering round like a fish outta water this way and that!
I get so easily sidetracked either all the floof!!! And cuteness!!!
I need to stick to my goal of developing that gorgeous satin...
not my pic...but my goal
i absolutely LUV the satins!
i absolutely LUV porcelain!
 so

in an effort to work towards that goal am takin up a couple on their offers to buy a few I had NOT planned on selling.
i feel badly! Like im cheating on em or something, but then again it doesn't take much to make me feel bad!
Here's to a clearer pathway to the future.
View attachment 3098227
Just gorgeous!😍😍😍
Sounds like an awesome goal to shoot for. I’m constantly changing my mind on what my goals are. Finding it difficult to stick to a plan as well! I wish I had more room and more time!🤣😊

Back
Top Bottom