Silkies - They’re simply SPECTACULAR!

Trying to get a head-count on silkie lovers...

• ME! - I like silkies!

Votes: 796 96.0%
  • ^

Votes: 96 11.6%

• Total voters
I was so happy to receive Poof Poof as she's a solid color with a great PooF on top. She's smaller than the two males I have, so I suspect the babies will be in-between in size. So from what I've read, I have a 50/50 chance at solids or paints. I needed some solid colored babies to eventually put with my blue splash boys (also a gift and also from AS).
At 8 weeks they are still in the baby crib brooder on the front deck.. I count 2 males and 3 females so far.
Ohhww such cute fluffballs!! :love

I am astounded.. Can't think of a more appropriate word.. One of the fluff balls is already exploring, and dad is supervising. It sure looked like a conversation and whispering were involved. Shadow is so patient with the chick.
CanITellYou.png
DadTakingCare.png

Some of my roosters have helped with the chicks. All of them allow chicks to sleep under them at night. Silkie roosters seem to be more likely to help
I have one that does that.

A few weeks ago I went to close the chickens later than usual. It was raining. A lot. When I came to the coop, I only found 1/5 chicks under mommas. Then I freaked out.

*me freaking out*

And then I found the chicks. All warm and dry. Under my Silkie rooster who was soaking wet. I love that rooster so much💕

Here’s a pic of him-
5B98D619-E2E1-4F30-837F-D274F8269665.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom