Silkies - They’re simply SPECTACULAR!

Trying to get a head-count on silkie lovers...

• ME! - I like silkies!

Votes: 796 96.0%
  • ^

Votes: 96 11.6%

• Total voters
3 Weeks old. Let's play guess the sex. *sigh* this is the most obvious one.

Ive been able to sex several of them now. Couple nice little girls and several boys. Some will be questionable until much older.

If he was one of the partridge based ones I'd be happy. He's blue cream x partridge.

20230414_191629.jpg

3 Weeks old. Let's play guess the sex. *sigh* this is the most obvious one.

Ive been able to sex several of them now. Couple nice little girls and several boys. Some will be questionable until much older.

If he was one of the partridge based ones I'd be happy. He's blue cream x partridge.

View attachment 3468075
My guess is male

Yippeeeeeeeee! 6 eggs, 6 chicks! Sherbert the 15 week old hatched by Poof Poof has been in the bucket helping incubate and keep the babies warm, now helping mom tend the babies. View attachment 3467559 These chicks are not related to mom, nor Sherbert (F2) who is also not related to mom. :lau
:wee
What a good little future mama... when my parrot heard my chicks, she started laying eggs! Such a strong mama instinct 😍

Yippeeeeeeeee! 6 eggs, 6 chicks! Sherbert the 15 week old hatched by Poof Poof has been in the bucket helping incubate and keep the babies warm, now helping mom tend the babies. View attachment 3467559 These chicks are not related to mom, nor Sherbert (F2) who is also not related to mom. :lau
:wee
Owwww so cute!!!

Quick question for you silkies owners. I am looking at getting some more silkies soon, a couple of 5 yr old hens have come up but I am not sure if that's a bit too old for breeding/brooding?
They might still lay but not as much as you probably want for breeding. I would wait for some younger ones to become available. 😊

Back
Top Bottom