Silkies - They’re simply SPECTACULAR!

Trying to get a head-count on silkie lovers...

• ME! - I like silkies!

Votes: 796 96.0%
  • ^

Votes: 96 11.6%

• Total voters
Anyone doing Chocolate silkie rooster with black silkie hen sex-linking? I've been pondering it for a year and now have two chocolates I don't know sexes yet. (Four months old.) I had thought that was the only way to sex link any silkies, then today I saw Mauve and Blue here: https://www.featherbabyfarm.com/silkie-chocolate-mauve-splash Is this for real? I do happen to also have a blue and a mauve same age as the chocolates, but I'm not into trying this until next spring.

Has anyone crossed polish and silkies? I am hatching out two sets of eggs from each next. Wana know if I should try and breed them as crosses.
I love my polkie.. her father is a black silkie, and mom a tolbunt polish (she has leakage with one brown flight feather on each wing).

20230424_154039.jpg 20230424_152746.jpg 20230308_180735.jpg 20220424_124908~2.jpg 20220424_124901.jpg 20220424_125145.jpg

Anyone doing Chocolate silkie rooster with black silkie hen sex-linking? I've been pondering it for a year and now have two chocolates I don't know sexes yet. (Four months old.) I had thought that was the only way to sex link any silkies, then today I saw Mauve and Blue here: https://www.featherbabyfarm.com/silkie-chocolate-mauve-splash Is this for real? I do happen to also have a blue and a mauve same age as the chocolates, but I'm not into trying this until next spring.
The mauve-chocolate sex linking is really pretty! I have mauve and chocolate Orpingtons from Featherbaby Farm and a friend has two of her silkies. They’re really pretty 😍 Wendee does a really nice job with her birds, and all have been hens when purchased from her as sex links!

The mauve-chocolate sex linking is really pretty! I have mauve and chocolate Orpingtons from Featherbaby Farm and a friend has two of her silkies. They’re really pretty 😍 Wendee does a really nice job with her birds, and all have been hens when purchased from her as sex links!
Do you know the combo for silkies using mauve and chocolate though? For chocolate rooster and black hen, the chicks are all chocolate or black, with the black being roosters who carry the chocolate.

Those of you that breed silkies/satins…what’s the chick down look like for color potential on this baby?

**Editing to say never mind! Once I took a solid look at the chick I realized it’s a Brahma bantam 🤪😆 The other egg that hatched was a Silkie cross so I just assumed!**

View attachment 3629644
View attachment 3629646
Brahma Bantam? I've never seen one "in person" - only in illustrations. Please post pics as it grows!

Those of you that breed silkies/satins…what’s the chick down look like for color potential on this baby?

**Editing to say never mind! Once I took a solid look at the chick I realized it’s a Brahma bantam 🤪😆 The other egg that hatched was a Silkie cross so I just assumed!**

View attachment 3629644
View attachment 3629646
Now i want a brahma bantam 💘

Back
Top Bottom