Silkies - They’re simply SPECTACULAR!

Trying to get a head-count on silkie lovers...

• ME! - I like silkies!

Votes: 796 96.0%
  • ^

Votes: 96 11.6%

• Total voters
All three babies do appear to be Polkies :rolleyes:
20231119_175725.jpg
20231119_175702.jpg
20231119_175643.jpg

My silkies kill rats. Mice wouldn't stand a chance.

They kill the red winged blackbirds that try to steal their food, too. They have treadle feeders with a small weight on the lid to keep the rats of NIMH out. Silkies are just heavy enough to open them. If a blackbird flies down to grab food, the silkies hop off. That lid slams down pretty hard. It happens too much for it to be accidents.
Ya they are devious those silkies, my 7 month old killed and ate a small snake! Yummy!

So out of 13, only 2 were girls. The 2 that I wasn't sure on are boys. One of them still looks girly feathered but the neck is orange and his comb, wattles, and size out him as a boy.

This is the boy who was so light that I thought might turn out splash partridge.

He still looked rather blue partridge last week, I'm not sure on even that now. He's getting some dark feathers in.

20231206_155406.jpg

So out of 13, only 2 were girls. The 2 that I wasn't sure on are boys. One of them still looks girly feathered but the neck is orange and his comb, wattles, and size out him as a boy.

This is the boy who was so light that I thought might turn out splash partridge.

He still looked rather blue partridge last week, I'm not sure on even that now. He's getting some dark feathers in.

View attachment 3700419
Out of 7 eggs I got the 6 boys and one girl.. the light partridge looks just like his daddy but I'm out of pens!

My satin silkie hatched her Polkie two eggs, one from my silkie Fluffy, and another from the frizzle fluff ball Curly. I did a gender dna test on both.

Fluffy’s egg child is a boy, he has 5 toes each foot, and feathered legs, and dark skin.

Curly’s egg child is a girl, she is also going to be frizzle, but no feathers on her legs, and only one foot has 5 toes.

Both will be splash I am guessing and are darn cute 😊

Betty- I love how her frizzle feathers are coming in.
42FC5202-693D-4FCA-AF52-B93E78C7A0F6.jpeg

Bert I wonder what colour his topknot will be? It’s orange right now.
DC96E306-DCCD-44D0-932C-1314DB00009C.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom