Silver Appleyard, Welsh Harlequin, and Mallard Duck Drakes

1MrsMagoo

Songster
10 Years
Jan 11, 2010
St Tammany Parish LA
Due to a local buyer backing out: I am re-listing 4 of the 5 drakes I had available.

I currently have 4 extra drakes I need to re-home as I have too many drakes in my flock. I am asking $8.00 each or will trade for other poultry or hatching eggs: I am principally interested in Delawares, Barnavelders, Buckeyes, or LF Cornish, but will consider any heritage breed.

The first is a 4 month old Silver Appleyard drake. He is marked like a Rouen or Mallard and does not have the typical Appleyard feathering: He had the "wild" markings even as a newborn duckling. All his brothers and sisters are properly marked, so he may carry the proper markings genetically speaking. He is a very large, healthy duck that may make a good mate for some Pekins for a meat bird project.

Next, I have a 3 month old Welsh Harlequin drake that was received as part of a sraight run order from McMuray hatchery this April. He is very easy-going and I am only selling him because I have a second Welsh drake that the ladies like better.

Lastly, I have a pair of one year old pet quality Mallards or a mallard and a poor quality Rouen named Waddles and Doodles. My daughter chose these two out of a bin at the local feed store that had both types of duckling in it last spring. The smaller one can fly better than the slightly larger one. After their first molt, the better flier feathered back in more like a female than male. We are only letting them go because they pick on our only Runner Drake.

Thanks for looking!

Silver Appleyard:

Welsh Harlequin:

Mallard or Rouens:

Last edited:
My location is SE Louisiana. I only have the ducks in the photo available. I know several members on here have the Silver Appleyards. If you go to the stickies section in Other Backyard Poultry, then to ducks....you can scroll down and find a link for the 2012 Waterfowl Breeders directory in the first post.

Good luck.

Imnintrrested in the silver appleyard if he's still available

That particular one is no longer available, but I do have two younger ones that are just getting their adult feathers if you'd be interested in one of those. One of them is to the left of the Black Swedish duck: the one to the right of the Cayuga is a female, who I am keeping.

Hello,
Can you ship your drakes? I am looking for a Silver Appleyard drake to replace one that was taken from the flock. My brother has 8 Silver Appleyard females and we would like to grow the flock. Where did you acquire yours? Can you guarantee that he is 100% true? The ducks we have are from Oregon.

Thanks,
Betsy Ho

Back
Top Bottom