Silver Laced Wyandotte Rooster???

4Peep'sSake

Hatching
9 Years
May 10, 2010
57074_may26-2010_136.jpg

57074_2010_053.jpg

He was a "surprise" baby chick from the local farm store. He has more black than the pics I've seen of SLW Roos.
Thanks

That's not a silver laced wyandotte. For a wyandotte, you should have a rose comb (singles are rare), and yellow legs, and lacing on the feathers.

What you've got looks more like a mottle bird than a laced. Maybe its an Ancona? I'm not very familiar with them, but that's my best guess.

We are new to chickens and have a lot to learn. His chest feathers looked liked the Wyandottes so that was what we were guessing. As a baby chick, he didn't look like any of the other baby chicks. I told DH when he brought all the chicks home I didn't want to keep any roosters. But since he looked so different, he was the first to get a name (Cow, since he was black and white) and everyone got attached to him. And of course once he started trying to crow, everyone really thought he was cute. I sure hope he doesn't develop a mean streak and end up needing a nice hot soak in a pot. I doubt my kids would forgive me!
We just looked at pics of an ancona chick and the 1st thing my son said was "hey that looks like Cow."
smile.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom