Simple low profile mini incubator upgrade attempt

Hysteria

Chirping
Jun 12, 2023
Greetings guys,
I'm trying to prepare for the crucial lockdown days period.
I drilled two holes and inserted two soft plastic pipes attempting to achieve not to open the incubator lid but to add water safely/smoothly.
The problem is, when the lid is closed, because it's coloration can't see the water level, what's a grave issue, because if I foolishly add too much water and spills over the reservoir it will soak the electric board ans the fan, burning down the whole thing.
Without the lid ( when I'm moving the eggs, ) adding water is easy .
Trying to rehearse, but perhaps instead of futile rehearsals " blindly " I'm wondering how could I further automate the water level ( how awesome that would be).
Hope The Lord will give me wisdom on this.

Added an other picture from a different device on AliExpress; need somehow to improvise that pet bottle holder/water feeder.

I will update the further developments.
Thank you!

IMG_9129.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_9132.jpeg
    IMG_9132.jpeg
    205.4 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_9137.jpeg
    IMG_9137.jpeg
    255 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_9133.jpeg
    IMG_9133.jpeg
    245.5 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_9140.jpeg
    IMG_9140.jpeg
    128.9 KB · Views: 3
Thank you, it's a good idea hmmm.
This mini hather is designed so poorly, that even if I could see the inserted liquid, can't see reservoir upper limit line, for it's same white plastic everywhere around.
I should draw myself that line .
With the lid on the view is kinda foggy.

Update:

I'm doing experiments with inverted water, leveling the water way; it's not easy.

"According to the laws of pressure ---- the pressure at the water level must be same everywhere --- whether it's inside the water bottle or outside. And that must be equal to the atmospheric pressure. Therefore the pressure of the water column + air column inside the inverted bottle must be equal to the atmospheric pressure.

( quoted from https://physics.stackexchange.com/questions/88669/physics-of-the-inverted-bottle-dispenser)

For plan B, I've ordered a fully automatic ( 9 chicken eggs capacity )model as well.
If the shipping will go as planned it may arrive before lockdown day.

If will not arrive I'll go the hard manual way.

Attachments

• IMG_9154.png
    IMG_9154.png
    951.4 KB · Views: 1
@Hysteria Did you get one of these green incubators? I am looking at buying one myself because it is about 1/3 the cost of incubators that I can source locally here. I was just wondering if you have any experience with it.

Yes, and used as well. The good feature is constant water supply; from lockdown day no need to open the hatcher just enjoy the births.
Con: a bit loud; can’t be kept in bedroom;
Changed the sexes of the chicken breed; what do I mean? Well: I used local Japanese breed “ gotou 33” red hens and white roosters. Well in this incubator the red chicken were all roosters, and the white was born hen. Amazing egg layer, sometimes 2 eggs per day and sometimes crow like a rooster.

Back
Top Bottom