Smallest chick on Earth...

TweetyNPetey

Songster
7 Years
I hatched 3 chicks, but I also bought 6 pullet chicks. 4 Leghorn pullets. I also got 2 chicks from an assorted Bantam box, one silkie and one black chick (I am not sure what breed, but that's not what this is about.). And in with the assorted bantams, I saw a super tiny chick, and it was the only chick of that breed. And the lady told me that all of the other chicks were trampling him, and so she threw him in with our chicks, hoping we could give him a home. But the other normal sized chicks are almost 4x bigger than he is!! Hopefully you can tell me what breed this is. I also need a name for him... LOL.

The chick is about the size of a quarter. I couldn't get a good picture... Sorry!

You sure it's not a white guinea? I've had a white guinea chick and looked identical to yours- the size of a nickel. I got it from my feed store who orders their chicks from a hatchery. Sometimes they get mixed up with the other poultry. I would look up "white guinea chick" in the google search engine and see if that's what you've got. If not, could just be an abnormally small bantam chick. Have had a few of those as well.

The little guy didn't make it through the night. I am so sad.
hit.gif
He looked a bit weak, but I didn't think I would lose him yet.
hit.gif

Back
Top Bottom