snake protection?

My understanding is that Black snakes keep Copperheads away, so with that in mind, they don't look all that bad to me. But I'm not exactly thrilled when I have to "do" things with them. It's hard to get a 5' snake on a shovel....
lol.png

Okay I'm a snake lover!!! Sorry!!! Though I live in NY, I don't worry about them too much. They say we have timber rattlers here in upstate but living here all my life I've never seen any. Most of the snakes around here are garter and corn with an occasional milk snake. So far they haven't bothered my chickens, though they do bother my hubby who hates them. I'm the official snake remover. They do eat alot of bugs, mice and rats, so I find them beneficial. I have never heard of them dying if you move them half a mile away! I really don't think they do. At most they will either come back to their den or find a new one. I have cautioned my 12 yr. old son not to pick them up if he can't identify them. I know some people hate them and rattlesnakes are dangerous so it's good farmer's little grand daughter was not there!!!!
hmm.png

Back
Top Bottom