so why do YOU love chickens?

KooKoe

Songster
9 Years
Nov 14, 2010
For me, I love the way my roo always looks like he's walking around with his hands behand his back. He looks like a SG.

I love to see my roo show the girls where to lay thier eggs and waits outside the nest box until they are done to make sure there is a suitable egg. quality control is vital.
wink.png

I love my hens fluffy butts too.

And the fussing. oh, the fussing. When an egg is layed, the whole street knows about it.

what do you folks love about chickens?

I love how they all run to you to see what you're up to. You're in, they rush in...you step out, they look around as if to say," What's she doing, where'd she go?" then they're hot on my tail
smile.png

I have a couple I call the busy bodies, always wanting to know my business. They all have their personalities. I also like that you can have quite a few pets all in one reasonable, easy to maintain, enclosure.
thumbsup.gif

I love to see how my Roos dance in the morning trying to show off for his girls.

I love the way my lil girl throws a fit every time she sees a new chick in the hatcher. Even thow we have hatched hundreds of chick this year.

And lastly I love the peace of mind they give me when I am sitting in the back yard watching them pick and play.

I love when i hold my hands out and my little pullets jump up on to me.
i love how i think my 2 little girls are talking to them selves at night wiht there loud ass cherps HAHA
lol.png

i love my little pullets.
wish i had a rooster to get in the mix =/

You know.. people say chickens are realyl dumb, but their not! I have a hen, Daisy and she knows her NAME! Then my other hen chessnut knows how to jump onto my back. xD I love them because they are pretty, and have diffrent personalities

I love how entertaining they are. Especially when they are trying to catch a bug that you can't see and their heads are going every which way. Makes them seem sort of nutty!
wink.png

I love to just watch their antics. I live in my Grandpa's old farm house & am using the same coop he did. I guess it also reminds me of when I was a kid, & I can pass this onto my 2 kids.

I too love to watch all my chickens antics too!!
I love their fluffy butts in the air, as they seach for bugs etc.
lol.png

I love how when i call to them , they come running! Love that!
smile.png

I love it when people come by to see my chickens, i feel like i am showing off big prizes!
wink.png

the list could go on, but frankly i havent the time right now!
big_smile.png

I love watching them play keep away when they find something good to eat.
absolutely love how they run up to see me...some use thier wings to run as fast as they can to see what I've got. (and are not mad when I dont have anything)

I too feel like I am showing off my chickens, my sister asked me on thanksgiving if she could hold a chicken....I was so proud that my chickens are lovable to others as much as I.
The flock dynamic between all 30 of them is awesome, could sit all day and watch!

This morning my broody is finishing up her hatch of 6 eggs. Now THAT is fun! I love the ins and outs of broodies, which are good mamas and which not, with or not with the flock, etc. I enjoy everything that's already been posted, but must admit a new batch of chicks might be my favorite.

I also love eating good eggs, or even store bought, so that's really a bonus for me.

Back
Top Bottom