Solar Light - Programmable (?) - for Inside Coop

AppleMomma65

Songster
Mar 16, 2020
Spooner, WI
My Coop
My Coop
I'd like to keep a light in the coop for winter egg laying - turning on 1 -2 hours in a.m. during the dark winter months. It'd be AWESOME if there was a way to do this without having to get up early to push the remote to ON. Does anyone know if such a solar light exists? I had one but did have to turn on and when doing so, needed to be very close to coop so am returning it. I've searched Amazon but not finding anything ...

I'd like to keep a light in the coop for winter egg laying - turning on 1 -2 hours in a.m. during the dark winter months. It'd be AWESOME if there was a way to do this without having to get up early to push the remote to ON. Does anyone know if such a solar light exists? I had one but did have to turn on and when doing so, needed to be very close to coop so am returning it. I've searched Amazon but not finding anything ...
Most off the shelf solar lights are not going to have the kind of timer that works well for supplemental lighting where day to day consistency is critical.

Chickendoors.com has one. Not sure if it’s why you’re looking for.
Got a link to product?

Thanks! Looks like a decent timer.
Hard to say if solar will charge enough to sustain duration of light needed,
but it can also be run off AC power.
That cell should refill a 20aH battery during even a cloudy day with 2 led lights

Thanks! Looks like a decent timer.
Hard to say if solar will charge enough to sustain duration of light needed,
but it can also be run off AC power.
@aart - do you keep a light on during winter months? If so, what is your set up? I'm rethinking and may just put a hanging lamp out there and run drop cord to nearby outside outlet. Hubby is making me a heated roost bar so will need to run a cord out there anyway.

Back
Top Bottom