Sold as Silkies, definitely NOT silkies. What are these feather footed fuzzballs?

Helens_Hens

Chirping
Feb 14, 2022
Our local feed store advertised they had silkes in, and of course i needed to add a couple more silkies to my already existing flock of 60+
I have a wide assortment of birds ranging from bantys to large fowl. I already have a few silkies but wanted more, ya know, cz chicken math. 🙄
I wasn't able to make it to the feed store so i sent my daughter to retrieve these adorable marshmallows. But when she returned, i was a bit confused. These are absolutely not silkies, but what they are is downright adorable. No black skin, no 5th toe, no poofy top hat, absolutely no silkie genetics that i see. They do have feathered feet. I raise cochins, and they resemble a lemon blue cochin bantam. But id really like some opinions on what they could be. I do know they are bantams cz i also had her pick up 4 Ameraucana chicks as well and these guys are half their size. I will return to the feed store 2moro to inquire, but i will be keeping these guys anyway, but I'll still get my additional silkies nonetheless. Let me know what you think they are.
Thanks yall.
IMG_20230407_182901165.jpg

IMG_20230407_182918120.jpg
IMG_20230407_182913095.jpg

Our local feed store advertised they had silkes in, and of course i needed to add a couple more silkies to my already existing flock of 60+
I have a wide assortment of birds ranging from bantys to large fowl. I already have a few silkies but wanted more, ya know, cz chicken math. 🙄
I wasn't able to make it to the feed store so i sent my daughter to retrieve these adorable marshmallows. But when she returned, i was a bit confused. These are absolutely not silkies, but what they are is downright adorable. No black skin, no 5th toe, no poofy top hat, absolutely no silkie genetics that i see. They do have feathered feet. I raise cochins, and they resemble a lemon blue cochin bantam. But id really like some opinions on what they could be. I do know they are bantams cz i also had her pick up 4 Ameraucana chicks as well and these guys are half their size. I will return to the feed store 2moro to inquire, but i will be keeping these guys anyway, but I'll still get my additional silkies nonetheless. Let me know what you think they are.
Thanks yall.
View attachment 3459425
View attachment 3459426View attachment 3459427
Is it mabye a blue cochin? It looks like one. Google a baby blue cochin see if its similar

Is it mabye a blue cochin? It looks like one. Google a baby blue cochin see if its similar
That's my initial thought i hatch cochin bantams and other than the color they look identical. But when i google lensed it, it also brought up porcelain d'uccle and lavender ameraucana bantams but im still saying blue cochin bantam

Back
Top Bottom