Some pics of my girls first time free ranging

wannabe_goatmom

Songster
10 Years
Jul 30, 2009
Wellington KY
I finally decided to let my girls out of the coop to free range a bit. They were very well supervised and a little bit chicken at first, but after a few minutes they were really enjoying themselves.

To jump or not to jump
38001_144-4402_img.jpg

Rose-not sure of breed
38001_143-4396_img.jpg

Hazel-EE
38001_143-4394_img.jpg

Miss Scarlet-RSL
38001_143-4393_img.jpg

Dottie-EE
38001_143-4386_img.jpg

hmmmm....is it fun outside?
38001_143-4376_img.jpg

Thank you! They are my first chickens and I am a little over protective of them but they were getting too big for the little cage I used to let them out in. So I just decided to open the door and see what happened.

Oh I remember our first free ranging day a little over a year ago. They had a ball I was a nervous wreck. No injuries of any kind (knock on wood) and everyone including me is very happy. They stay out from dawn till dusk and I have 3 large "yard dogs" pound pups watching them for me. Good luck and enjoy!

ok. they are very cute.... love the first day of free ranging look on their face. their like are we supposed to go out there??!!!?!?!?!?!???!!

rose is a delaware.

featheredfriendlover I am really hoping Rose is a Delaware. I was supposed to get a buff orp and a barred rock and I don't have either so I was told by the hatchery s/he was probably either a white rock or a delaware. Still hoping she is a she more than anything.
They are so funny the RSL was out the door in a flash and then she had this look like OMG and she was back in the door just as quick.

Back
Top Bottom