Some scenes from Chemung Co. Fair

aveca

Songster
10 Years
Jun 30, 2009
Waverly, NY
Thought you all would enjoy seeing some of the birds at chemung co fair..It was terrible hot and I sort of dodged around the judging to take some pics, but didnt get eneryone I wanted to. He was taking his time around there as he should so I didnt get some of the silkies and polish and others.

Our australorp hen got 1st place.

Our brown eggs got 1st place.

Got some great tips from some great people that really helped out.. You know who you are and I dont want to embarass you..
Most of the champions at this show are owned by the wonderful Faulkner family from Pa...nicest people you ever want to meet.

Im really tired so If I miss-spell anything please forgive and Im not sure exactly what breed some of these are..Some extreamly rare like Cubulana? not sure of spelling
here is a pic of a pair of them.
35675_chicken_pics_131.jpg

Not sure what this fella is but supper nice looking bird...feel free to name that bird.
35675_chicken_pics_106.jpg

Nice bantam roo, again, I do not know correct name for anyone who would like to add it in here
35675_chicken_pics_105.jpg

Champion blk cochin, Sorry bout the bad pic, every time I went to take a pic he was either crowing or eating
35675_chicken_pics_107.jpg

A lafresh (sp) messing up his tail a little in the cage
35675_chicken_pics_104.jpg

Nice sebright roo
35675_chicken_pics_108.jpg

an older langshan
35675_chicken_pics_115.jpg

younger blk langshan, he was a little skittish and didnt want to show himsefl off.
35675_chicken_pics_119.jpg

white langshan roo
35675_chicken_pics_116.jpg

White langshan pullets
35675_chicken_pics_102.jpg

Pic of my australop hen doing what she does best, ...eat day befor judging.she has laid an egg every day she has been there.
35675_chicken_pics_103.jpg

Our australopr hen just setteling in befor judgeing, it was a tragity when they took away her food cup for judging wasnt it? she wasnt happy.
This was the day befor.
35675_chicken_pics_099.jpg

When Im not so tired I will add a few more.

Last edited:
Nice looking birds there...
The Pair in the first picture are Catalana not Cubalaya..
wink.png

Chris

Thanks for the correction..Have never heard of them. Interesting breed .Lots of very nice looking birds..Most of the birds in the pics belong to Faulkners.

Quote:
I know,,,There was a to die for silver sebright hen down the line but he was working that area so I couldnt get a pic of her. You couldnt miss her, super nice neck feathers and u shape, she was one of the best I have ever seen.

He is a great looking bird..They didnt put ribbons on the cages, people were in past years stealing the ribbons so we just pick them up when we pick up the birds..She gave me mine tonight cause I have to work most of this week. He did have a blue dot on his tag ..

Last edited:
Here are a couple more pics,

When we first arrived, and we were one of the first in that morning, We dropped off our eggs,
iI took a pic of the eggs that were there at the time.
There were some super nice ...again forgive the spelling..auracauna eggs perfect domes and shell quality on those eggs as well as a show stopping color that got BOS..they deserved that win.. All eggs were almost exactly same color , shell quality superb...Lots of people stopped to admire them..
Ours got 1st brown egg, wernt a lot of white eggs..I thought there would be a lot more white eggs. but lots of browns.
35675_chicken_pics_101.jpg

I know this is a d uccle but exactly which on?
There were several differnt versions of this bird, a light tan with white spots, and another that was a creamy white..Not sure except they were all the same breed with color variations .I only took a pic of this boy..the hen was just beautiful
35675_chicken_pics_110.jpg

A deleware hen
35675_chicken_pics_124.jpg

Thanks for moving this thread, Im way more than tired...thought I was in the right spot... THANKS! Been a long week

big_smile.png
Now see, I like the blue male better than the white or the black male, just seems more proportionate (except for the tail...poor guy!). I don't think it's the age thing...the white's better than the black by far, but his tail may wind up going squirrel on them...doubtful but something to watch for.

MAN I wish I could have been up there!
big_smile.png

Congrats on your awesome placing!

Yay! I love show pictures!!!

Back
Top Bottom