sometimes i just despise my life. (rant about over the road driving)

I have two suggestions, both of which have been covered but I'll put in my two cent's worth anyway. One, have him look into another trucking company. There are a lot of them out there. Two, build a life for yourself independent of him. My husband wasn't a trucker, but he spent a lot of time in South America. I filled my time with things I enjoyed doing. I raised goats and other livestock, did needlework, and read a lot.

My dh is a OTR company driver.He just stopped home for the night on his way to NY. Does your dh's company not give time off every few weeks? My dh has to stay out atleast 2 weeks before he can come home. He says he gets 1 and a half days off for every week his is out. He can stay out longer if he wants too,and he sometimes does to be home on holidays.

I don't have to do it often but I have celebrated holidays twice if dh can not be home.Bump holidays to meet your needs.Dh isn't coming for Christmas,but I would rather he be home for new years anyway to be off the road on that night.

Sorry things are so hard for you guys.Hugs. I think the longest dh has been out was 5 or 6 weeks. This week his pay was $28 after all the deductions(he was home),so I don't think he will be home again(unless passing through) till the end of the year.

It is a tough life for everyone involved,but it isn't forever. With a good driving record your dh should be able to have a pick of places where he could be home nightly or weekly.It just means starting at the bottom when you are new.I told dh to deliver beer or bread,but he doesn't want to unload the stuff.

Hope your dh can make it home for the holidays. I reminded dh he should put in his home request for December 31st TODAY. Always gotta get the holiday home requests in early.

A fun thing we used to do before sprint limited online stuff was dh had his instant messenger and camera on 24/7. I could check in with him and *see* him any time of the day. I sure miss that,but we do talk every day on the phone.

I have my routine while dh is gone. I don't mind it after all these years.I just worry about HIM being alone on the road.Hopefully you guys can work out a better schedule with the current company,and if not look at other places.

Shadow,

I'm so sorry that you're away from your hubby for that long. It's got to be tough, but not only on you. I'm sure the whole time he's gone, he's wishing he could be home...wishing he could hold you, instead of driving day & night dealing with idiot drivers & traffic...missing your home cooked meals & your embrace.

It's not easy being on the road, away from home so much. I'm sure that if he could make ends meet another way, & still get to be with you, he would do so.

I'm a truck driver too, which is probably why I am so sympathetic to his side. I'm lucky b/c I have a local trucking job, & even though I work a LOT of hours & am gone a lot, I still get home to take care of the animals & have a little quality time with the ol' man (who is also a trucker, & works nights).

You are in my thoughts.

-Ana

Back
Top Bottom