Soooo Hot...Battery operated fan

purpletree23

Songster
10 Years
May 15, 2009
My husband asked what I was doing this morning when I was gathering up all the outdoor extension cords. I must have been a sight. I was getting angry, sweating horribly and saying bad words. I told him that even though all of the windows in the coop were open last night it was too hot for our hens. They were panting when I locked them in and when I let them out this morning. The heat and humidity have been awful and there is zero breeze.

I told him I was going to hook up one of our small fans to the window to increase air circulation. He said 'why don't you use the battery operated fan'? I said what fan. He said the fan that runs on the battery that runs his Ryobi cordless drill, saw, flashlight and leaf blower.

After the discussion of 'why didn't you tell me about this before'? And so on........he said that the Home Depot has the fan in stock for $29.00. Went to HD picked up the fan and it's terrific! No electricity and no batteries to throw away. It runs on the rechargeable battery my husband already has.

It can be hung or just left on the window sill. It has a hook that swivels and we just hung it from a coat hanger on the outside of the window so more fresh air can be drawn in. The fan has high and low setting. Said it will run 10 hours on low. He have it on high right now and when we lock up the girls for the night we'll replace the battery with a fresh one and hope for the best.

The reviews on line said that people use it for camping etc. Hope other people can find this information helpful. The only bad thing about going to HD is that my husband found more gadgets that his batteries can run like a nailer and pole saw. He said he'll let me know what he wants when Christmas comes around.

Hopefully no panting tonight and I can get a good night sleep.

Wow! I never even knew they made fans like that! What is it called? I'm going to have to look into it. With this heat, I think my girls would appreciate a fan too.

When I clicked on the thread title I thought you meant one of those hand held battery operated fans. I thought you were crazy!
gig.gif

Last edited:
Well I am crazy. Not it's even worse. I'm not only the chicken lady I'm the chicken lady with a fan to keep them cool.

It's a system of gadgets that goes by the name Ryobi. You can google it. If you have a special someone who likes tools it's nice to have. My hubby can use the drill and saw away from the house where electricity isn't available.

The expensive part is the battery and the charger but once you get that part there are all kinds of attachments you can purchase. They have a flashlight, small saw to cut limbs, weed wacker type lawn trimmer, leaf blower air compressor and the list goes on. The flashlight really comes in handy. We have lots of power outages here and I don't like to buy batteries just so they can just end up in the landfill.

Well I am crazy. Not it's even worse. I'm not only the chicken lady I'm the chicken lady with a fan to keep them cool.

It's a system of gadgets that goes by the name Ryobi. You can google it. If you have a special someone who likes tools it's nice to have. My hubby can use the drill and saw away from the house where electricity isn't available.

The expensive part is the battery and the charger but once you get that part there are all kinds of attachments you can purchase. They have a flashlight, small saw to cut limbs, weed wacker type lawn trimmer, leaf blower air compressor and the list goes on. The flashlight really comes in handy. We have lots of power outages here and I don't like to buy batteries just so they can just end up in the landfill.
I just found it on the Home Depot website. Thank you.
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom