Sorry for the poop photo...need help :(

BrutalNoodle22

Hatching
Oct 27, 2023
Anyone know what this poop means?? And yes, it's in my house inside, lol.

My 4 year old Brahma was completely normal on Wednesday, then woke up Thursday morning extremely lethargic and low appetite. It was 100 degrees outside on Wednesday, not sure if that's the cause. But she had shade and ice water as usual.

I brought her inside immediately and gave her some water with ACV and electrolytes in it, and started her on antibiotics (thinking it could be respiratory) and a dose of safeguard (just attempting to cover ball bases).

She perked up. After reading more, I got Corid thinking she might have coccidiosis, so added that to her water Saturday.
Her appetite is back a little, but she's still very lethargic. Then did this giant scary poop today.

Anyone know what this might indicate?? I know she is not well, just want to treat what I can ☹️

Attachments

• PXL_20240512_152815952.jpg
    PXL_20240512_152815952.jpg
    638.6 KB · Views: 19
At 4 years, I would suspect she might be having a reproductive disorder than coccidiosis. Why did you suspect a respiratory problem—were there any symptoms? Does she lay eggs, and are all of your shells normal and hard? What are you feeding? What antibiotic are you using? SafeGuard dosage is 1/4 ml per pound given orally, and it is given again in 10 days for roundworms only. If treating for most types of chicken worms, use it for 5 consecutive days.

Thank you for the reply -- I guessed respiratory because it came on so quick, and there is a tiny bit of crackling when she breathes sometimes...but I could be wrong.

I'm not sure about her eggs - they look identical to some others so they're hard to distinguish. The ones that I did collect are normal with hard shells, but they may not be hers.

I'm giving amoxicillin. Her normal food is just layer crumbles.and yard foraging grass/bugs, which she isn't really interested in this week, the only food she'd eat this week was tomatoes so I've been feeding those.

I was planning on keeping up the safeguard too, just as a precaution in case that's the issue..

What are the signs of a reproductive disorder?

Back
Top Bottom