Sorry....

I did that but this message comes up:

Don't Subscribe I must be crazy, but for some reason I never want updates on anything.

I stil want to get emails to threads I chose to subscribe to but this makes it sound like I have turned everything off. Maybe someone will know. Since I don't get updates to the threads I chose to subscribe to, it will be hard for me to know.

I did that but this message comes up:

Don't Subscribe I must be crazy, but for some reason I never want updates on anything.

I stil want to get emails to threads I chose to subscribe to but this makes it sound like I have turned everything off. Maybe someone will know. Since I don't get updates to the threads I chose to subscribe to, it will be hard for me to know.

That's bizarre.
The description for Don't Subscribe is

• Don't Subscribe: Choose this option if you do not wish to be subscribed to items by default.

I'm stumped

Imp

Set your preferences to site only, on the subscription page or in your profile (or maybe both places, not sure;)

I don't want any emails at all. My subscription page:

Quote:
Default for new subscriptions:

Subscriptions personalize your homepage activity feed and send updates to your email. You can customize the frequency of each subscription. Set your default for new subscriptions here:
Default New

To subscribe to a thread, I change the box at the bottom of the page to "site only." For me it defaults to "Don't subscribe," so unless I change it, I am not subscribed. For PM's, I get an overlay when one arrives. This can also be turned off if you wish.

I haven't had any luck unsubscribing to threads, I never willingly subscribed to. If that makes sense. I don't know who thought it was a good idea (on new BYC) to automatically rope every respondent in as a subscriber. What happened to free choice?

Never bother with subscriptions, but you all got me to wondering. I clicked on the Edit Subscriptions icon below my avatar in profile. Found 4 subscriptions to threads that were very old (migrated?). Anyway, I deleted them and now I'm back to zero. Nothing from post migration, at all.

I haven't had any luck unsubscribing to threads, I never willingly subscribed to. If that makes sense. I don't know who thought it was a good idea (on new BYC) to automatically rope every respondent in as a subscriber. What happened to free choice?

There is no rope into it at all. Simple to change your preferences to do not subscribe by default. All controlled in your personal profile and turned off or on by you the user.

I tried the log out/log in yesterday and have been flooded with notifications ever since. I woke up this morning to 44 in my inbox and nearly all were from the Washingtonian thread ( usually very busy) and one or two for my other favorite (Icelandics).

But, I am still unable to subscribe from threads I NEVER subscribed to., which I feel is very frustrating. I'm reluctant to visit any new thread for fear I will end up subscribed to yet another,

You can UNsubscribe to those threads by doing this:
Go here:

Then, click on the "Edit My Subscriptions," tab, and click on "remove."
Note: click those other tabs and see what is there, while you are there, just to know what is there. I like the "activity," tab to see where my recent activity has been.

When you post to a thread, look at this..... It is there every time you post.
If you do not want to be subscribed, be sure to change it.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom