South Carolina

I am in Greenville SC and would like to buy some chicks, I am not sure what breed, any type that is hardy and good egg laying. Tomorrow, Sunday, is the only real day I will have to get out and buy some for the next few weeks. I'd like to get them before Christmas. If there is anyone who has any and could sell me some please message me or call. 864-567-3163. Thanks.

Hi SC friends

I was hoping to get some advice from y'all about the floor of my coop. I have a swingset converted into a coop that sits on regular suburban backyard ground. With my first flock, I started with dirt and it was just hard and compacted and got smelly quickly so I ended up putting down pine shavings. This worked well for about a month and I intended to use a deep litter process but the chicks all turned out to be boys and we had to pass them along to a better home. Before I get the coop all cleaned out and ready for a new flock I am wondering if you have experience with sand on the floor? I've heard that it can be cooler for the chickens in our hot SC summers and that it's also easier to clean.

I would love to hear your different opinions and experiences.

A sprinkle of hydrated Lime over the ground is all I'd recommend. It will dissolve the waste and neutralize any odors almost instantly

I am in Greenville SC and would like to buy some chicks, I am not sure what breed, any type that is hardy and good egg laying. Tomorrow, Sunday, is the only real day I will have to get out and buy some for the next few weeks. I'd like to get them before Christmas. If there is anyone who has any and could sell me some please message me or call. 864-567-3163. Thanks.
I hatched Rhode Island Reds Yesterday that are not spoken for yet. 21 of them. 864-429-9019
or https://www.facebook.com/RobertLeighsRhodeIslandReds if you prefer.

Sparkle City Silkies Holiday Photo Contest & Egg Giveaway!!

RULES:
1-Everyone is allowed to enter one photo into the contest.

2-Photo can be any breed/variety of poultry. It must be your bird and YOU must have taken the photo. (Amateur photos only). Photos are to be of a chicken wearing holiday attire OR in a holiday setting. Photos are to be posted to my wall.

3-I will be accepting photos for the contest until Friday, 12-21-12 @ 5pm. At 5pm, an album with all photo entries will be created.

4-On 12-22-12, an anonymous (neutral) person will choose their favorite photo from the created album.

5-On 12-23-12 the winner will be announced and posted on my page. The winner will receive 6 six silkie eggs (mixed lot).

www.facebook.com/SparkleCitySilkies

Back
Top Bottom