South Carolina

Hello SC,
New to site. New to chickens. I am in the planning stage and think I have the winter to clear some land, build a coop and have everything ready be early spring. I am outside Charlotte in the up state and could use your input on good starting breeds in the area and any pit falls I may enocounter in our area.
This site has been most helpful, thanks for any response to my inquires.
sbhadjr

Breeds will be of your own choosing. I run a single line. most people have many different breeds. I found my Rhode Island Reds stay home and do not range as far away from their coop as a lot of other breeds I have had. And Welcome from 70 miles west of you.

Hope to see a bunch of you Saturday in Clemson for the ABA show put on by the Anderson Bantam Club!
celebrate.gif

There are already a bunch of us going and entering some of our birds. We are bound to have more fun than all the times before when we get together. Come join us for some fun and beautiful birds. There will be birds for sale out in the parking lot in all shapes and sizes, not limited to bantams!
ep.gif

Hope to see a bunch of you Saturday in Clemson for the ABA show put on by the Anderson Bantam Club!
celebrate.gif

There are already a bunch of us going and entering some of our birds. We are bound to have more fun than all the times before when we get together. Come join us for some fun and beautiful birds. There will be birds for sale out in the parking lot in all shapes and sizes, not limited to bantams!
ep.gif
I will be there...my first time and I hear this one is huge and a blast! I am not showing but looking forward to seeing lots and learning lots! Oh...and having lots of fun seeing and meeting and talking to everyone! I will have a very few last hatch chicks and a couple Roos to sell. Can't wait!

celebrate.gif

ep.gif
Wish I was going....Hope you guys have a really great time! I'll be waiting to hear about it~
caf.gif

celebrate.gif

ep.gif
I am looking forward to this. I decided not to show since I only had one that was even half way showable. Everyone else has pin feathers everywhere
duc.gif
or was too young. I will definitely have some ready by the Jefferson Ga show.

I will be setting up outside by 8 am to sell some pairs of BQ buff silkies. I also have a splash roo that I am putting a couple of blue pullets with to sell. And of course I have a few buff PQ roos. Amy you might want those.
lau.gif

Hope I can set up next to you Amy. We can help each other that way.

Thanks for the welcome. I have been doing lots of research and hope to have my coop and run built before spring time.

Well I found a sad thing in the yard this morning ~ I have been missing a Coral Blue guinea hen for some time and figured it had been eaten by a coyote like many others. This morning I found 3 wet, dead baby keets on the lawn and guess what, my guinea hen is back. It rained here yesterday and everything is wet...they did not have a chance. What a bummer. Not sure how she stayed out so long without getting eaten.

Mary Bell, I hope to be there by 6:30 am. I fell and hurt my back this morning pretty badly though i am feeling better. I think all the drugs are kicking in and my back is frozen from ice packs being replaced about every hour.
Terry will be helping me at the show since I hope to bring pairs to sell in a few breeds. Kimberly and Nicole are coming to load the truck for me tonight. My DD has been great to help all day as does DH.
I still need to get water bottles ready and a container of food for their breakfast.

Heidi! I am glad to hear she came home but a bummer about those keets. They just can't deal with being "wild".

Back
Top Bottom