Southern NY, Dutchess county and below

Happy Mothers Day all you chicken mamas.

That will be a SHIrT load of chicks Roberta..

Everything is growing like crazy around here. Christina all the beans you gave me have sprouted.
I have to check on the timing for putting the morning glory in the ground.

Hi all!

Looking to find someone who is selling any barred rock, or sex link chicks for a friend looking to start a small flock of chickens. Her and her husband want to raise some babies to enjoy on their small farm with their children.
willing to drive a reasonable distance from Warwick, NY

Thanks!
Hi Melabella

Just hatched some orpington chicks today...11 so far. If your friend is interested, let me know. I'm in New Windsor.

Happy Mother's Day Chicken Mommas~

11 orpington babies hatched today...what a bunch of cuties!

I hope everyone had a nice day
frow.gif

Ronkonkoma, I breed Silkies.
Mellabela, I have a few BRs. I will be at the Sussex County show next week, May 17, in Augusta, NJ.

Hi, Roberta.

I can take delivery on the two new girls on any day convenient for you starting next week on or after Monday May 19th. I wish I could make this coincide with your trip to the May 17 New Jersey show, but I'll be tied up all that weekend and not able to take them then.

No rush, so feel free to wait until you have another reason to come this far west.
-Carolyn in Freeport

Happy Mothers Day all you chicken mamas.

That will be a SHIrT load of chicks Roberta..

Everything is growing like crazy around here. Christina all the beans you gave me have sprouted.
I have to check on the timing for putting the morning glory in the ground.
Those beans will all climb. You should be knee deep in beans by august. My easy peasy's are about 4 inches tall now. I hope they go before the summer gets here! Everything here is a few weeks behind this year. My lilac hasn't even bloomed yet.
Morning glories:
Note that the seeds are highly toxic if ingested (don't let your girls get into them, mine never really bother with them).
  • Sow Morning Glory seeds early in the season once the ground has warmed to 64 degrees F.
  • File or score the seeds just long enough to break the coat and soak them for 24 hours before planting them. (They look like little worms.) (I skip this step alot and they still do fine)
  • Cover lightly with 1/4-inch of soil. Space about 6 inches apart. Water thoroughly.
Don't over water or over fertilize once they get going. I find these grow best when I stick them in the dirt and leave them alone. I will train them up my railings and such though. Mine seem to do best in the full blazing sun. Even in California they grew all along my fence in a thimble full of dry dead dirt.

Congratulations LSz on your babies...can't wait til I can get some.

Thanks Christina, I can't believe I'm going to miss the show. All the seeds I bought from CT sprouted except the peppers. Although as my dad would say "I think it was the operator " I'm thinking of trying again using Lorretas greed house.

Hope the warmer weather has you feeling a little better Carolyn.

Back
Top Bottom