Spill the secret to long relationships

You can NEVER have enough laughter!!

If the two of you can laugh AT each other...your set
smile.png

1. Sense of humor. Life is pretty absurd sometimes. Laugh at it
big_smile.png

2. Honesty...not just with your partner, but with yourself about your motivations, expectations, etc...
3. Be excellent to each other

(just had our 22nd anniversary)

We have been married for five years but been together for 11 years. I agree with most of you in here and yes communication is very important. Also his faults are like your faults....compromise! No one is perfect either! And most of all, LOVE each other and have fun! Support each other when you are at your most lowest point in life as well as the highest point in life.

Dont believe in someone saying that life is a bowl of cherries!

We started dating in 1982. He moved in in 1987 (just until he found a job after law school. Then he never left). We decided we were permanent in 1989. We got married in 2002 because I was losing my job and needed health care.

We consider ourselves a team. So many of the couples we know behave like they are in competition with each other and are always locking horns and pushing against each other and manipulating to get what they want. You always stay in one place that way. We act as a team and any victory for either of us is a victory for both. We do what is good for the team. We are each other's biggest cheerleaders. We are each other's best friend. We are honest (but tactful) with each other. We never want the other to fail, even when we are playing Scrabble.

We stop every morning and hug and say "I love you". We make sure that we appreciate each other sometime during the day.

I just posed the question to my DH. His answer: "Don't be a d!*k."

I hope this helps.

Back
Top Bottom