Spitzhaubens

Pics
The buyer for my extra Spitz rescheduled for Tues, so it looks like we'll have both for a little bit longer.
Honestly I like BOTH but for diff reasons.

I like the body size, darker eyes, & lighter color of this one. She was the mystery white chick on the left.

I really love the compact, nearly perfect crest of this one.

I'm getting one egg a day, & I believe both are laying. If I could only tell who was laying more eggs, that may help my decision. I've never seen one in the nest box- only their tiny pullet eggs. They must go in & right out. Most of my hens like to set up camp for 30 min or more.

Love all the pictures - and agree with all the points - not really a helpful post - just a thumbs up
thumbsup.gif

The buyer for my extra Spitz rescheduled for Tues, so it looks like we'll have both for a little bit longer. Honestly I like BOTH but for diff reasons. I like the body size, darker eyes, & lighter color of this one. She was the mystery white chick on the left. I really love the compact, nearly perfect crest of this one. I'm getting one egg a day, & I believe both are laying. If I could only tell who was laying more eggs, that may help my decision. I've never seen one in the nest box- only their tiny pullet eggs. They must go in & right out. Most of my hens like to set up camp for 30 min or more.
Is it possible to keep both hens? The one w the fluffy crest does have nice spangling, especially across her wings.

We sold "Poofy" (the lighter one) & she will be a very pampered pet.
"Spitzie" is doing well, but I've been occasionally hearing her make some strange noises in the morning just before I let the chickens out of their run. She sounds like a wild jungle bird. I'm not sure if it's her way of getting excited to go outside, calling out for the other Spitz we just sold, or if it's a weird version of an egg song. Has anyone else experienced these unusual noises?
Spitzie stays with the flock / other pullets she hatched with, She has been laying an egg almost daily. (She laid 22 eggs in 24 days!
yippiechickie.gif
A very pleasant surprise) My kids often bring a hen or chick inside to hold while watching TV or reading. When being held, she's very calm & relaxed. She does not jump into our laps, but does come running up when she sees us. (mostly to see if we are carrying treats) So far, I'm seeing a lot of positive things about this breed.

lau.gif

I simply call the food things "eggs."
I suppose I could call our chickens food things as well, but the Spitz is too small for that.

Emails are always more interesting with auto-correct.

Back
Top Bottom