Spitzhaubens

Pics
The odd man out is a bantam wheaten Ameraucana.

All of my Spitz are different shades of Chamois.

The ones that look white there, ended up a very soft cream with white spots.

The odd man out is a bantam wheaten Ameraucana.

All of my Spitz are different shades of Chamois.

The ones that look white there, ended up a very soft cream with white spots.
I have a mauve orp with that kind of color. She looked mauve at hatch, but her feathers grew in white. As a hen, she looks in between a cream - white color. I like the very light feather color with the contrasting dark eyes & red comb/wattles.

We only kept 1 of the 3.

What age do you want to see?

Beautiful chicks! Thank you for sharing!!
I think that light almost solid cream light chamois chick happens with chamois x chamois because the standard chamois color has heterozygous dominant white (I/i) which just covers the spangles. When a chick receives 2 copies of the white gene (I/I) you get the light creamy color with white spots. I think if u put one of those chicks w a gold spangled bird (i/i), they will make chamois. If you put two light solid cream colored birds together you will get lighter, whiter birds. Chris Ferber wrote about this a few years ago when he was working with spitz color genetics. So many wonderful color options!
1f601.png

Alaskan you have some beautiful birds. I would guess they are hardy in your climate. Didn't you have another color as well? I think gold(?) and white.
hu.gif

Alaskan  you have some beautiful birds.  I would guess they are hardy in your climate. Didn't you have another color as well?  I think  gold(?) and white.:confused:

Yes.. a few are darker.

Ths girl is very pretty. Her head poof is a bit big, but not horrid.

I also have:

:D

My first bunch of the year are in the incubator..... :ya

Hummm.... those girls are much better than that in RL....bad photos.

The bottom girl actually has lots of good light gold color...in that photo she looks white.

Ah well.

Back
Top Bottom