Spitzhaubens

Pics
My Spitz went to preschool today. She came along as part of my lesson and everyone admired her beauty.

DS was supposed to come along but sadly my kids were feeling sick today. DS was going to show how well he trained HIS "Poof Poof" He always looks forward to returning to his former preschool and teachers, but had to stay home this time. Later we had a doc appointment & I was grateful my kids stayed home. Both have strep.

At least the Spitz & the preschool kids had a good day.

My Spitz went to preschool today. She came along as part of my lesson and everyone admired her beauty.

DS was supposed to come along but sadly my kids were feeling sick today. DS was going to show how well he trained HIS "Poof Poof" He always looks forward to returning to his former preschool and teachers, but had to stay home this time. Later we had a doc appointment & I was grateful my kids stayed home. Both have strep.

strep is not fun!

glad the day went well other than that.

oh no, sorry they got sick. But it's delightful about the preschool visit...if your son ever does a video of training Poof Poof, I'd love to see it!

E0B69CB1-6AC6-4E1D-863E-86DA9B1BD06E.jpeg
824BEFE1-82D9-4F50-B4E6-66E5AC23CFEF.jpeg
3F324F90-8B3F-4167-8185-8883E9C4231B.jpeg
CF0A83E6-F3E0-4C10-BE15-A72785AC492A.jpeg

just a day or so shy of 8 weeks old now. everyone is out in the big coop now - big girls and little chickens appear to be getting along well. when i look at my chicks with a critical eye i can see they aren’t as refined and elegant as @SueT ’s spitz chickens, but since i thought i had orpingtons i can deal. no one is making any effort to crow or act like a boy so i’m calling them all pullets until proven otherwise.

View attachment 1362614 View attachment 1362615 View attachment 1362616 View attachment 1362617
just a day or so shy of 8 weeks old now. everyone is out in the big coop now - big girls and little chickens appear to be getting along well. when i look at my chicks with a critical eye i can see they aren’t as refined and elegant as @SueT ’s spitz chickens, but since i thought i had orpingtons i can deal. no one is making any effort to crow or act like a boy so i’m calling them all pullets until proven otherwise.
All my boys were crowing at 8 weeks....

~~~~~~~~~
I finally removed all the dividers between the Spitzes and the older chickens. And guess what, it was a non event! No one attacked anyone. The 2 bantams have apparently been assigned the role of pecking order police, so there was a bit of chasing from them, but the other hens basically ignore them all.
And then last night, the Spitzes decided to go to roost early, and take all the prime places. They learned that you don't do that. The elders made them go back to the baby roosts. But other than that, it's one big happy family.....

all my littles wait until the big girls are in before they go to the coop, but the spitzes hop right up on the top roost, without a care in the world! my six big hens crowd over to the far end of the roost as though the babies were terrifying.

Back
Top Bottom