Spitzhaubens

Pics
Pics from today
Spitzhaubens 4 29 (3 of 1).jpg

Fleck
Fleck 4 29 (3 of 1).jpg

Fritz and Flugel
Flugel and Fritz 4 29 (3 of 1).jpg

Because I have a 'poop shelf' under one roost, there is a 'baby roost' under it. Like a downstairs. It was in an enclosure for the young Spitzes, the dividers of which have now been removed for integration. The 7 hens have insisted that the 5 youngsters still use the baby roost only. But each morning I go out and open the coop and Flugel is up on the adult roost! The hens look at him with surprise as he nonchalantly hops down. He's the top male of the bunch.
This Saturday is the monthly poultry swap in Joplin, but I think I should wait on deciding which rooster(s) to keep.

Is there anyone in Missouri or Arkansas that could sell me a couple chicks? I want a couple of these guys terribly but can't find them anywhere but the internet and you have to order more than I'd lake to have.

Is there anyone in Missouri or Arkansas that could sell me a couple chicks? I want a couple of these guys terribly but can't find them anywhere but the internet and you have to order more than I'd lake to have.
Where are you located? Cackle Hatchery in Lebanon, Missouri has them, that's where I got mine. I think their minimum is 3. I'll give you one of my extra cockerels (3 mo old) if we're within meeting distance. Other than that, we will surely have chicks once these come of age and someone goes broody...
Fleck 4 29 (3 of 1).jpg

Back
Top Bottom