Spitzhaubens

Are you sure it's a pure Spitz though? His legs aren't green or slate, and he doesn't have the big nostrils or a crest.
I've seen chicks who hatched with pale legs, and the legs got darker over the first few weeks.

And I had Spitzhauben chicks from Cackle that had normal-shaped heads (no bump on the skull), and grew crests just fine.

It's hard for me to see the nostrils in that photo, so I'm not sure there.

So far, it doesn't look wrong to me :idunno

Mail order eggs… so who knows… we are just going to have to see how he matures
I'll be watching for updated photos, because I'm curious too :)

I've seen chicks who hatched with pale legs, and the legs got darker over the first few weeks.

And I had Spitzhauben chicks from Cackle that had normal-shaped heads (no bump on the skull), and grew crests just fine.

I thought that the head bump was from polish, and wasn't supposed to be on a Spitz. (But yes, is often there)

I thought that the head bump was from polish, and wasn't supposed to be on a Spitz. (But yes, is often there)

Here's a pic from my last hatch - silver spangled. (Photo color looks a lot more yellow and less gray than in real life) They don't have a clear head bump like a silkie but you can sort of see where the crest will eventually grow. What makes them look different from others in a chick bin are those big nostrils
1656626794788.png

I will post follow up pictures. This was the only egg to hatch out of 6 for this breed.

Here's a pic from my last hatch - silver spangled. (Photo color looks a lot more yellow and less gray than in real life) They don't have a clear head bump like a silkie but you can sort of see where the crest will eventually grow. What makes them look different from others in a chick bin are those big nostrils
View attachment 3169677
I think of all the ones I have hatched one had a little bump... I need to look at photos again....

:idunno

@homeschoolin momma
Be on the lookout for some crowing boxes to arrive on your porch tomorrow morning!!!

Actually the new boys have not made a sound but our spitz cockerel likes to try. Pretty pathetic sounding but he can get lots of practice with you. :)

So here are some of your new potential roos:

Pretty, light colored, but typical skittish level
a.jpg

Not as pretty but somewhat calm for a spitz male
b.jpg

Not impressed with #3
c.jpg

#4 also had a calmer personality, but darker
d.jpg

Look at #4's serious face!
d2.jpg

@homeschoolin momma
Be on the lookout for some crowing boxes to arrive on your porch tomorrow morning!!!

Actually the new boys have not made a sound but our spitz cockerel likes to try. Pretty pathetic sounding but he can get lots of practice with you. :)

So here are some of your new potential roos:

Pretty, light colored, but typical skittish level
View attachment 3177833

Not as pretty but somewhat calm for a spitz male
View attachment 3177834

Not impressed with #3
View attachment 3177835
#4 also had a calmer personality, but darker
View attachment 3177836

Look at #4's serious face!
View attachment 3177839
Here's the boy from us: