Spitzhaubens

So sorry you lost the other Spitzies.

Moving to a new place is stressful so I always try to introduce in pairs or more. Last year I sold a hen and pullet to someone. In my backyard, the hen wouldn’t have wasted her time with the pullet. Not friends nor enemies. But once moved, the two became BFFs in the new flock.

Likewise we took a few birds to a show a 2 years ago. Because I had them in quarantine together before and after, they became buddies during that period.

I’m not sure if you can force a chicken friendship but it seemed to work for me. (Mine were not bullied - just not close prior to being caged together. ). Perhaps a more docile bird from the flock can be housed one to one with the Spitzhauben. Once they bond a bit, reintroduce both into the flock.
I will suggest that to my niece -& thank you for the condolences - those girls were moving non stop and no fear to uncharted territory. I know she is actively looking for some baby Spitzhaubens -so if anyone knows any Texas please share! I went and had playtime with her one more time today, and was almost in tears. She comes right up to you, the only one that eats out of your hands. I assumed chickens were like Spitz’s since those were my first breed!! Nope! She got extra mealworms and blue berries today!

One of my Chamois babies!
20230607_221818.jpg

Some pictures of the Chamios and Golds. I have 3 pullets and 3 cockerels out of the Golds, for the Chamios all 5 are pullets. I'm hoping by the end of September I'll have them their own pen done.

1000002851.jpg

1000002850.jpg

1000002848.jpg

1000002847.jpg

1000002846.jpg

1000002684.jpg

1000002658.jpg

Back
Top Bottom