Split Coop Question

Elliemae1984

Songster
Sep 9, 2022
Ontario, Canada
I’m building a new 12x8 coop for my silkies and will be splitting the coop in 2 so I can keep proper colour pens.

The wall between the two sides will be solid for the first 3 feet. For the rest of the way up I’m debating between chicken wire and just leaving it open (since there’s no way my little silkies will ever jump 3 feet to visit the other side lol).

Wondering if there are any downsides, benefits, etc, anyone can think of for the wire versus open decision.

I’m building a new 12x8 coop for my silkies and will be splitting the coop in 2 so I can keep proper colour pens.

The wall between the two sides will be solid for the first 3 feet. For the rest of the way up I’m debating between chicken wire and just leaving it open (since there’s no way my little silkies will ever jump 3 feet to visit the other side lol).

Wondering if there are any downsides, benefits, etc, anyone can think of for the wire versus open decision.
With it open from three feet upwards you think your Silkies won't get accross.
With hardware cloth to the ceiling you'll know your Silkies won't get accross.
Can't see why anyone would prefer any uncertainty when they can make sure.:confused:

With it open from three feet upwards you think your Silkies won't get accross.
With hardware cloth to the ceiling you'll know your Silkies won't get accross.
Can't see why anyone would prefer any uncertainty when they can make sure.:confused:
I have 5 week old chicks and they get across the temporary 2 foot fence outside their coup. I saw them go about 3 feet high. They aren't Silkies but at 5 weeks old are much.smaller.

Back
Top Bottom