St. Patty's Day Green Egg Hatchalong, Set 2/25

farmerChef

Songster
9 Years
Nov 18, 2010
Southern Georgia
My Coop
My Coop
St. Pattys day is coming up! I'm doing a special all green egg hatch. Any breed is fine, chicken, duck, quail, or emu. All different shades of green!

Set date is Feb 25th for chicken eggs
Set date is Feb 18th for duck eggs
(Set date for Emu was Jan 25th)

If anyone is interested in swapping green/olive eggs, let me know. I have enough layers to send 2 6+ all green egg swaps.

Shhhhh.....
hide.gif

lau.gif

I plan on setting my blue/green eggs from my EEs (who have just started laying again, woo hoo!) covered by my Black Copper Marans Cockerel. My cockerel is, as of yet, unproven. I've seen some bullseyes but not all the girls are interested. And some of the girls are just down right tougher than him! I'm sure that will change.

If my Oliver Eggers ever start laying, I'm in. Blarneyeggs you should get some nice olive eggers with that combo. If you want nice olive eggs, I would only set the nice blue eggs. I got some beautiful olive eggs setting only the blue eggs.
Michele

If my Oliver Eggers ever start laying, I'm in. Blarneyeggs you should get some nice olive eggers with that combo. If you want nice olive eggs, I would only set the nice blue eggs. I got some beautiful olive eggs setting only the blue eggs.
Michele

Michelle, thanks for the advice. I have been wondering... I have some 11 week old OEs from this same cross BCM over EE, they are not laying yet, so I do wonder what the egg color will be. I've been told that I need to have the Roo as the blue layer covering Marans. I was hoping it worked either way. So we shall see.

So I have set the more greener of the eggs hoping for an Avocado colored egg layer in the end. Should I be pulling the more blue eggs for this set? Thanks ~Martha

That's what I would do. I used all the blue layers from my EE's then covered them with a Black Cooper Marans. The only thing with that is you get all black chicks. All my Olive eggers are Black with one that looks like an brown EE. Here's the colors I get. I lied all the good pictures I had were on my old hard drive that crashed, BACK UP< BACK UP always.

Back
Top Bottom