Staggered hatch *1egg

Pics

Somshine

Songster
Aug 14, 2022
So we had our first hawk attack. One of my favorite girls. I free range them for half of the day and they have started wandering further on the property. Our Pyrenees keeps the yard pretty safe but they are wondering beyond that some now. I started my incubator Wednesday night. Well because she had died I wanted to add her last egg. I only had one or two of hers in there because I didn't know I'd never have another chance with her. So I added it less than 48 hours after I started my incubator. Is that close enough to just run it through as the same hatch?

So we had our first hawk attack. One of my favorite girls. I free range them for half of the day and they have started wandering further on the property. Our Pyrenees keeps the yard pretty safe but they are wondering beyond that some now. I started my incubator Wednesday night. Well because she had died I wanted to add her last egg. So I added it less than 48 hours after I started my incubator. Is that close enough to just run it through as the same hatch?
Less than two days? It should work out, do lockdown a day later, that one will probably hatch last if it’s fertile.

Less than two days? It should work out, do lockdown a day later, that one will probably hatch last if it’s fertile.
So it would be better to do lock down for all of them later then this one end up in earlier lockdown? Wasn't sure which part of that equation was more important

Also I had 22 eggs in there. So this one is riding around on the turner hoping for a space after the first candling. (Day 5 is when I can tell pretty well due to egg color) It's not keeping any of the other ones from turning but I guess I'll reach in and turn it once a day since I read somewhere else day 5 to 16 are the most important? I know it's not ideal but I wanted all her babies I could have.

So it would be better to do lock down for all of them later then this one end up in earlier lockdown? Wasn't sure which part of that equation was more important
If you stop turning too early, it can impact development. I would err on the side of caution, and meet in the middle, so lockdown is not too early, and an extra day for the old ones is fine.

So basically first eggs would lockdown on 19, bonus egg would be on 17.
I'll do that then. I'm wondering if they're close enough that they will synchronize. I guess I'll know in 3 weeks. Not sure what I'm going to do if my first candling does not leave a spot for the new egg. Winging this is giving me a bit of anxiety. But I just don't want to miss the opportunity. I only had a couple of her eggs in there and knowing I'd never have anymore I just couldn't waste this one.

Also I had 22 eggs in there. So this one is riding around on the turner hoping for a space after the first candling. (Day 5 is when I can tell pretty well due to egg color) It's not keeping any of the other ones from turning but I guess I'll reach in and turn it once a day since I read somewhere else day 5 to 16 are the most important? I know it's not ideal but I wanted all her babies I could have.
And from reading this I wouldn't take the chance on 22 eggs over 1 not in best circumstances. Just my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom