Staggered hatch?

CoopChick719

Songster
10 Years
Sep 20, 2012
Maine
I had eggs under a broody but after I moved her she wasn’t as committed. She broke all but 1 egg. I took it and put it in my incubator (Nurture Right 360 w/auto-turner) along with 10 other eggs I had set about a week later than the broody. Today is day 18 for the 1 egg and day 14 for all the others. My question is should I take out the auto-turner and up the humidity for the next 3 days for the 1 egg? Will this harm my other eggs? I’ve only hatched with broody hens before this. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

I'm in the middle of a staggered hatch right now. I had one batch of eggs set about a week before the second batch, due to them not shipping at the same time. In the first batch, 4 made it to lockdown and 2 hatched. Once they were done hatching and somewhat dry, I scooped them out asap, put the turner back in, and set the other 12 eggs back in. I candled all 12 before putting them back in the turner, and they all look really good still, so fingers crossed that they make it to hatch.

While the first eggs were on lockdown, I set the second eggs into a cardboard egg carton with the bottoms cut out and manually rocked the entire carton back and forth several times a day to simulate the turner. I guess we'll see...

Back
Top Bottom